2005 Dodge Neon Sedan 2.0L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual Consumer Reviews

2005 Dodge Neon Sedan - Consumer Reviews

SE Sedan (2.0L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

View reviews for a specific Neon model:
WORST CAR EVER
By Alex Foreman on 03/06/15 20:27 PM (PST)

2005 Dodge Neon Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This car couldn't be any worst, $1500 in repairs, and a problem everyday. tie rod ends, brakes sounding like a train, rough idle, rough transmission, leaked oil and transmission fluid, cracked dash, bad bushings, motor mounts, uncomfortable ride, wheel hub assembly, brake cylinders, AND WORST OF ALL AT 45 MPH THE AIR BAGS FAILED THE FRONT END WAS GONE NEVER AGAIN DODGE!

GREAT CAR!
By santoactueel on 04/23/12 18:32 PM (PDT)

2005 Dodge Neon Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This car has been great to me. I bought it used at 60k miles and I am the 4th owner. I did everything you're suppose to do when buying a used car. Spent the money on the Carfax (a $30 Carfax VS. a costly mistake), test drove it and asked questions like crazy to see any faults in the sellers description. The maintenance on this car has been wonderful and it is great on gas. I found out the Neons have a Mitsubishi. I do all the repairs myself, I replaced the fender & bumper from an accident; the dealer wanted $1500 to repair it, but I found a new fender on eBay for $15 & new bumper for $50. All in all the parts are very affordable & I would definitely buy another one if Dodge still made them.

If you want the devil following, choose this car.
By nexxt on 01/20/12 23:09 PM (PST)

2005 Dodge Neon Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I got this car at the beginning of 2010 when i was 15, & have been driving it ever since. Now im 17, & the first year of having my car it was so reliable & great. About a year after having it, alot of problems started happening. My sensors dont work, my engine light turns on all the time & when it does, if i go past 2 (RPM)'s, my car will start jolting back & forth. Feels like stalling, & i have an automatic. When it rains, my meters dont work. My MPH, Gas, Car tempt, & RPM gauges wont even move. I dont know why, but my locks open & close at any time. They flip out & it locks & unlocks ALL the time by itself. I have 82,000 miles on it, & i dont feel safe driving it at all. Waste of $4000.

Chrysler could have done better
By Willie on 10/02/09 13:31 PM (PDT)

2005 Dodge Neon Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

The fuel economy is quite good. Vehicle came with a spoiler on the trunk lid that obstructed rear view and I ended up removing it and plugging the screw holes. At 38,000 miles the vehicle would not pass a state inspection because the lower control arm bushings seperated from their housing on both sides of the vehicle. Dealer says he has relaced these failed parts on many Dodge Neon vehicles and on PT Cruisers which have the same suspension. Had other Chrysler vehicles in the past and will certainly never buy another one.

SRT-4
By moparfiend on 12/29/08 23:01 PM (PST)

2005 Dodge Neon Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Third owner of the car. I own three old MOPARS and find that this is actually the most fun to drive. I consistantly get 30+ MPG and do not drive below the speed limit. I commute 75 miles round trip a day on the interstate. I have lowered the car, replaced the brakes, shocks, intake, exhaust and now have the T3R Mopar system completely installed. There are very few vehicles that can accelerate or keep up when the pedal is to the metal.

Great Car
By Rocky on 11/05/08 08:23 AM (PST)

2005 Dodge Neon Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This is a great and reliable car. I get awesome visibility from all angles. I like to maintain my own car and everything under the hood has easy access and comfort. I don't have to fight to fit my arm down tight spots. It has great handling and maneuverability. It's cheap to maintain and has great miles to the gallon in both city and highway. I only wish it had more space in the trunk and the back seats.

Great car!
By modernmom on 01/15/07 07:54 AM (PST)

2005 Dodge Neon Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car for a general drive around. I have done 2 road trips from MO to MN. I love this car $60 for gas round trip! Great stereo, great handling, no repairs other than general maintenance. I love the 28-35 mpg. Nice get up and go. I am a 40 something mom and let me tell you this car makes me feel 25! I would recommend this car to anyone. Downside, noisy brakes and inconvenient console storage. Everything else is a win win!

Going from Dodge truck to Dodge car
By jonesnco on 01/22/06 01:19 AM (PST)

2005 Dodge Neon Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I have had my 2005 Neon SE for just over a month and feel it is a good car for the money - especially with rebates. I expected about 29 to 30 mpg given the EPA ratings but only got about 26 on the first take. It seems to have gained about 1 mpg every tank until it hit about 29.5 mpg. The performance is quite acceptable given the power of the engine although the transmission can shift oddly at slow speeds. I drove a manual for years so the behavior may be normal. My only complaints are some unattractive black styrofoam under the steering wheel column in the dash. It is visible and identifiable as styrofoam. There is no option to enable the power outlet when the ignition is off.

Cute car
By crankyone on 11/05/05 21:02 PM (PST)

2005 Dodge Neon Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

It's a cute car, it's nice and fun to drive, but there's always something going wrong with it after 3 months. The engine/transmission light always comes on, even when it rains and nothing is wrong with the car whatsoever. It's frustrating taking it in thinking something is wrong with it, and then being told there isn't anything wrong with it, and still having the light on

Brakes
By Neon on 10/12/05 18:26 PM (PDT)

2005 Dodge Neon Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

The brakes make such a noise - dealership and others say that this is way Neons are. Cannot be changed. Seems to me that if they can design other cars not to have this problem why they could not use the same technology to the Neon. Very unhappy with the car and such noisy brakes - and unhappy that the dealership and unhappy that Dodge/Chrysler seems ok with that. Also - know that the tank is only 10 gallons - always filling up.