Used 2005 Dodge Neon Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Dodge Neon Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Neon model:

Eats Tie Rod Ends For Breakfast
By Amanda

2005 Dodge Neon Sedan SXT 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car as a starving student and should have held out for a Honda Civic. It was fine for about two years and then the repairs started coming. I've gone through at least 4, if not more, tie rod ends. I swear I don't aim for pot holes! I swear I drive like an old lady. I hate when my car makes noise so I'm very proactive about repairs. The brakes have ALWAYS sounded awful. Just always. This car hates moisture. I swear it's worse when it rains. The doors are frozen shut most of the winter. Sounds awful on the thruway. And the best part? The best part is when the head gasket blew. At 50,000 miles I needed a new head gasket. Jokes on them because it was still under the extended warranty and they had to pay for it! So yeah this thing has been a giant headache for me. A ten year long headache. I wouldn't GIVE this car away.

Never Again!!!
By luis

2005 Dodge Neon Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I saved up for more than 3 years to buy a car. I bought this one at a auction for about 3k4 and it was the worst choice so far. The car turned off of on me the next day. I changed the alternator thinking that was the problem. Not! I got stranded a couple more times. Then I changed the tps sensor for 60 bucks. It was working fine up untill the next 2 days. Problems usually start when the car is warmed up. The engine wants to turn off, the revs drop, the car won't get the gas, and it might be a 4 cylinder but with this problem going on it is wasting gas like a 6 maybe even an 8 cylinder. Till this point idk what is the problem with the car. This car is just going to be a headache, just get a honda.

disappointing first car
By Aaron.pat.

2005 Dodge Neon Sedan SXT 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Being a college student, I figured that I needed a car of my own. I looked around dealerships close to my location snd found my neon for $2,000. It ran smooth...for about 20 minutes. It broke down before I even got home. Ao far, I have owned this vehicle for 3 months and ive only been in possession of it for around 6 days total (due to breakdowns and long repair times). So far, I have put $1500 into fixing it, even took it to the best mechanic in town (really expensive) and it still broke down in a matter of 1 day. If you are looking for a reliable cheap car, GO FOR THE CIVIC!

WORST CAR EVER
By Alex Foreman

2005 Dodge Neon Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This car couldn't be any worst, $1500 in repairs, and a problem everyday. tie rod ends, brakes sounding like a train, rough idle, rough transmission, leaked oil and transmission fluid, cracked dash, bad bushings, motor mounts, uncomfortable ride, wheel hub assembly, brake cylinders, AND WORST OF ALL AT 45 MPH THE AIR BAGS FAILED THE FRONT END WAS GONE NEVER AGAIN DODGE!

OK on the road

Everything

Best first car ever...I love you "Bertha"!!
By bmore410

2005 Dodge Neon Sedan SXT 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Probably my favorite out of all the cars I've ever driven. I love this car to death. I've done all I can to keep it running and it's still running like new. I definitely plan to keep this car well into college. Not only is it stylish, but it just has character. There's just something about it that I love so much about it. I've really developed a "connection" with "Bertha", she's a part of the family:) I highly recommend this a teens first car.

-sound system with kicking bass -very powerful brakes -3 cup holders in center console -very stylish with a spoiler -black color looks sexy -really fun on curves -very bright headlights/fog lights -powerful and smooth engine -very effective air conditioning/heating

-rear power windows -better interior build -all wheel drive -more airbags -does require a bit of maintenance from time to time

• SUV