Used 2005 Dodge Neon SE Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Dodge Neon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Neon model:

WORST CAR EVER
By Alex Foreman

2005 Dodge Neon SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This car couldn't be any worst, $1500 in repairs, and a problem everyday. tie rod ends, brakes sounding like a train, rough idle, rough transmission, leaked oil and transmission fluid, cracked dash, bad bushings, motor mounts, uncomfortable ride, wheel hub assembly, brake cylinders, AND WORST OF ALL AT 45 MPH THE AIR BAGS FAILED THE FRONT END WAS GONE NEVER AGAIN DODGE!

Favorite Features

OK on the road

Suggested Improvements

Everything

GREAT CAR!
By santoactueel

2005 Dodge Neon SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This car has been great to me. I bought it used at 60k miles and I am the 4th owner. I did everything you're suppose to do when buying a used car. Spent the money on the Carfax (a $30 Carfax VS. a costly mistake), test drove it and asked questions like crazy to see any faults in the sellers description. The maintenance on this car has been wonderful and it is great on gas. I found out the Neons have a Mitsubishi. I do all the repairs myself, I replaced the fender & bumper from an accident; the dealer wanted $1500 to repair it, but I found a new fender on eBay for $15 & new bumper for $50. All in all the parts are very affordable & I would definitely buy another one if Dodge still made them.

Favorite Features

MPG, MPH, Easy Maintenance, Affordable on Gas, Affordable Parts, Mitsubishi Stock Engine, Fog Lights

Suggested Improvements

Rear Power Windows

If you want the devil following, choose this car.
By nexxt

2005 Dodge Neon SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I got this car at the beginning of 2010 when i was 15, & have been driving it ever since. Now im 17, & the first year of having my car it was so reliable & great. About a year after having it, alot of problems started happening. My sensors dont work, my engine light turns on all the time & when it does, if i go past 2 (RPM)'s, my car will start jolting back & forth. Feels like stalling, & i have an automatic. When it rains, my meters dont work. My MPH, Gas, Car tempt, & RPM gauges wont even move. I dont know why, but my locks open & close at any time. They flip out & it locks & unlocks ALL the time by itself. I have 82,000 miles on it, & i dont feel safe driving it at all. Waste of $4000.

Favorite Features

Good on gas, easy to maintain. Maintenance (Oil change, brakes, car parts) are very inexpensive.

Suggested Improvements

Everything.

Chrysler could have done better
By Willie

2005 Dodge Neon SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

The fuel economy is quite good. Vehicle came with a spoiler on the trunk lid that obstructed rear view and I ended up removing it and plugging the screw holes. At 38,000 miles the vehicle would not pass a state inspection because the lower control arm bushings seperated from their housing on both sides of the vehicle. Dealer says he has relaced these failed parts on many Dodge Neon vehicles and on PT Cruisers which have the same suspension. Had other Chrysler vehicles in the past and will certainly never buy another one.

SRT-4
By moparfiend

2005 Dodge Neon SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Third owner of the car. I own three old MOPARS and find that this is actually the most fun to drive. I consistantly get 30+ MPG and do not drive below the speed limit. I commute 75 miles round trip a day on the interstate. I have lowered the car, replaced the brakes, shocks, intake, exhaust and now have the T3R Mopar system completely installed. There are very few vehicles that can accelerate or keep up when the pedal is to the metal.

Favorite Features

Motor. The car could have used the 6 speed that Chrysler decided to put into the Caliber SRT-4. Other than that, no complaints at all.

Suggested Improvements

Wish Chrysler had kept the Neon SRT-4 and made it into a 2 door version.