Used 2005 Dodge Neon Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Dodge Neon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Neon model:

WORST CAR EVER
By Alex Foreman

2005 Dodge Neon SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This car couldn't be any worst, $1500 in repairs, and a problem everyday. tie rod ends, brakes sounding like a train, rough idle, rough transmission, leaked oil and transmission fluid, cracked dash, bad bushings, motor mounts, uncomfortable ride, wheel hub assembly, brake cylinders, AND WORST OF ALL AT 45 MPH THE AIR BAGS FAILED THE FRONT END WAS GONE NEVER AGAIN DODGE!

Favorite Features

OK on the road

Suggested Improvements

Everything

My Favorite Car of All Time
By dezern

2005 Dodge Neon SRT-4 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I've always loved the SRT-4's, and when I was finally given the chance to get one I jumped on it fast. I love this car more than any other I've ever owned or driven before, she's incredibly smooth at high speeds, sticks to the road like you wouldn't believe, and will blow the minds of anyone foolish enough to think she's just a Neon. I have very minimal mods and the only thing that's given me any trouble was a 2013 Mustang GT that had been built quite a bit. 5.0s, S2ks, WRXs, I've never lost to them before with this mean little car. If you want something fast and practical, buy this car! Also, it is the meanest sounding four cylinder ever! Put a 3 inch side exhaust on her and she sounds evil

Favorite Features

-This car has some crazy acceleration after about 2300 RPM. As soon as that turbo spools, she's gone! -I honestly love the styling of this car, the mostly open grill, the flamboyant spoiler and the beautiful wheels all make me smile when I look out at my baby. -Everyone loves bucket seats. Why? Because they're awesome.

Best first car ever...I love you "Bertha"!!
By bmore410

2005 Dodge Neon SXT 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Probably my favorite out of all the cars I've ever driven. I love this car to death. I've done all I can to keep it running and it's still running like new. I definitely plan to keep this car well into college. Not only is it stylish, but it just has character. There's just something about it that I love so much about it. I've really developed a "connection" with "Bertha", she's a part of the family:) I highly recommend this a teens first car.

Favorite Features

-sound system with kicking bass -very powerful brakes -3 cup holders in center console -very stylish with a spoiler -black color looks sexy -really fun on curves -very bright headlights/fog lights -powerful and smooth engine -very effective air conditioning/heating

Suggested Improvements

-rear power windows -better interior build -all wheel drive -more airbags -does require a bit of maintenance from time to time

You want a big regret? Welcome to neons!
By nexxt

2005 Dodge Neon SXT 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I cant beg you enough for all of you that are thinking about buying this car, youre trippin. DONT! This is the car that will ruin your life. I cant stress how much I hate this car. Bought it for $3200 as a first car 3+ years ago. Ive put over $5000 in upkeep. Last December I spent $1200 on all new motor mounts cus they were all broken. My windows lag when rolling up, my meters don't work especially when it gets wet, suspension is crap, horrible takeoff, the engine jolts all the time for no reason, my headlights flash for no reason. Ill be sitting at a stoplight and it will just feel like someone running up to the front of my car & jumping on the hood. It shakes, squeaky, cheaply made!!!!!

Favorite Features

Good enough on gas.

Suggested Improvements

They made the biggest improvement by not making any more dodge neons. If you want a car that is NOT safe, NOT reliable, WILL leave you stranded, WILL make you depressed, and WILL give you headaches by all the money youre spending, then this is just for you! Take this into consideration. You WILL** eventually run into problems *besides standard upkeep (tires, oil changes, brakes, etc). Don't get this car, it will ruin you :(

Does what it was made to do GREAT! Bullet proof engine
By qwiksilvertrav

2005 Dodge Neon SRT-4 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

Great car. Bought it new and have had it for 10 years now with 97k miles. Since 15k miles it's been running more hp/tq so putting extra stress on the engine. It now pushes almost 500 hp and the valve cover hasn't even come off...all bolt ons! Runs strong and it's STILL on factory internals. Unbelievable. Best bang for your buck period. Very solid car...have only had to replace wear and tear parts such as brakes, a wheel bearing, clutch, etc.

Favorite Features

Performance, viper seats, sound

Suggested Improvements

Some more creature comforts...but hey it was under 20k new and you're paying for a 5 second 0 - 60...not a classy interior. Have to cut corners somewhere to keep it at the price it comes at.