2004 Dodge Neon 2.4L 4-cyl. Turbo 5-speed Manual Consumer Review - Modern day muscle car

2004 Dodge Neon - Consumer Review

Modern day muscle car
By Crono on

2004 Dodge Neon SRT-4 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

This is by far the most fun car I have ever driven. The power is unbelievable and the suspension is very tight while only being a little harsh. The brakes bring you back down to legal speeds in a hurry, which will be necessary if this car is driven like it shound be. The steering is quick but very heavy and a bit on the numb side. Being 6'6" I could use a little more headroom and legroom. It's not quite as roomy as my previous car, a Ford Focus ZX3. The heavily bolstered front seats are actually really comfortable while making sure you don't slide around when taking that "suggested" 30 mph off ramp at 70 mph. Best car buy ever.

Favorite Features

The amazing horsepower and low rpm torque. Agressive exhaust note. Overall apperance(minus the big rear spoiler. 0-60 in under 6 seconds for about $21,000. Great general driving dynamics. The SRT-4 is not just about going fast in a straight line, it brakes and handles great too.

Suggested Improvements

Make steering lighter like my old Focus. Has large turing radius in parking lots. Shifter is acurate but heavy and throws are a litthe long. Interior room is a little tight but I guess not everyone is over 6 feet tall.