2004 Dodge Neon 2.4L 4-cyl. Turbo 5-speed Manual Consumer Review - I paid how much!

2004 Dodge Neon - Consumer Review

SRT-4 Sedan (2.4L 4-cyl. Turbo 5-speed Manual)

I paid how much!
By abauza on

2004 Dodge Neon SRT-4 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

As a previous owner of an All Wheel Drive I was skeptical that this car could deliver the grin that I got from my previous car. Boy was I wrong! It only took me once to roll onto the throttle and hear the front tires howl did I realize that this was serious. The reports I find are mostly on the '03 SRT-4 and they all say how wonderful the car is. Granted she's no Evo, but it's a close second and with the right goodies added from Mopar it may rival cars in a class above. Overall, supercar for little cash. Maybe the American car companies can build with the best the world has to offer.

Favorite Features

My favorite feature has to be the seats! It's about time someone took the initiative to say this car CAN go around corners and here is your safety blanket to ensure you're not flying into the passenger side. How nice of them to leave provisions to add the racing harness slots too.

Suggested Improvements

The biggest thing I find is the stance. I'm not crazy about the rear up in the air bit. If DCX actually lowered the rear a bit and added a tiny bit larger rear sway bar the car will no doubt gain time on the slalom course.