2004 Dodge Neon Consumer Review: I'm a Dealer - These things do

2004 Dodge Neon - Consumer Review

I'm a Dealer - These things don't break!
By Jay Slingerland on

2004 Dodge Neon SRT-4 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I am currently on my second SRT-4 after buyer the first one that came into our dealership. The fun factor in this car is huge. I just delivered a 2009 Challenger SRT-8 and the car is fast, comfortable, and a cool muscle car. But this little Neon has the capability to be Auto crossed, Rally Raced, SCCA or NASA licensed, and can be driven as a daily driver with virtually no problems. Especially now considering you can buy a good used one with 20,000 miles for 13-15. I just installed the Stage 2 turbo kit with the Mopar Cold Air intake - Sweet Mother! Like I said, the Challenger's fast - but this little Neon is something! Will definitely keep this car forever.

Huge go factor! You can't drive this car and not have fun with it. The Mopar upgrades (Suspension, Turbo, Shift kits, etc) are all extremely easy to install. You don't need to be a tech to modify this car.

Put the AWD platform back on the table SRT-4 Caliber. The FWD version has too much torque for only 2 wheels. Or put a limited slip back into the car instead of the Anti-Lock equivalent. Rumor has it an existing AWD car can be retrofitted to accept the Turbo components Interesting!