2004 Dodge Neon Consumer Review: Great performance, piece of ju

2004 Dodge Neon - Consumer Review

SRT-4 Sedan (2.4L 4-cyl. Turbo 5-speed Manual)

Great performance, piece of junk
By Ashley on

2004 Dodge Neon SRT-4 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I currently own three Neons, a 99, a 99 R/tTand an 04 SRT. The SRT has been the most problematic by far. Problems on the SRT include an oil leak at 400 miles. Now i have 32,000 and it has yet to be fixed; axle seal went at 6,000, numerous computer problems, steering problems, and the most recent problem has to deal with the throttle sticking open. I was very excited to get this SRT since I'm a total Neon geek, however it was a huge let down. The performance is great and it's fun to run at the track, but it would be great if the build and reliability of the vehicle matched its performance. I've owned it for a year and I'm ready to sell. Thanks Dodge.

The boost gauge is nice, however I added more gauges on a pillar. That would have to be my favorite feature. Also, the body styling and E-Blue color are great.

Where do I begin! Customer service through Chrysler for one, and this is a lot considering I work for a Dodge dealer. The overall quality and build of the vehicle. Also, it'd be nice if Mopar Performance would come out with more aftermarket Dodge performance accessories for the SRT.