2004 Dodge Neon 2.0L 4-cyl. 4-speed Automatic Consumer Review - below average, not quite a

2004 Dodge Neon - Consumer Review

SXT Sedan (2.0L 4-cyl. 4-speed Automatic)

below average, not quite a lemon
By neon H8R on

2004 Dodge Neon SXT 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

Car bought new in '04. Around 30,000 Km the first problem arose when a computer problem was causing the engine to flutter and die. After this it ate gas for some reason and still does. Around 80,000 Km a cam shaft sensor went which was not covered under warranty. The blind spots are RIDICULOUS, even the rear window is hard to see out of. I do not feel safe making lane changes and approach every intersection and crosswalk with caution. I have almost been in numerous accidents because of them. The only piece of glass you can see out of without having some huge piece of the car blocking your view is the windshield. 6 disc changer in an idiotic place, load up before you leave your driveway.

Favorite Features

Zero. I've hated this car from day one but was in a pinch and it was all I could afford. Wife loves it and refuses to get rid of it even though we are having a baby due soon.

Suggested Improvements

The improvement has already been done...Dodge stopped making this car. If you buy one of these things I have two major suggestions for you: 1) Buy winter tires if you live in a snowy climate. This car does not stop on ice with regular tires. 2) Drive no faster than 60 Km/hr on gravel. Seriously.