Used 2004 Dodge Neon Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Dodge Neon - Consumer Reviews

2004 Dodge Neon

View reviews for a specific Neon model:

I love this car!
By spooledup

2004 Dodge Neon SRT-4 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I can't get enough of this car. I've owned it for a little over 5 years and now have over 170,000 miles. It still runs smooth as it did with 65,000 miles and I've never had an issue with the car other than regular maintenance. I've changed the timing belt, water pump, clutch/fork, spark plugs, oil, and cam shaft sensor twice, battery and tires. That's it! All those things would need to be changed on any car so I would say this car is extremely reliable. It's never once left me stranded, and I don't drive like a grandma either. Speaking of which, the performance of this car is amazing. My car is still stock and I've beat everything from ls1 camaros, to evo's and sti's.

Favorite Features

Reliability, performance, price, maintenance cost and fuel mileage.

Suggested Improvements

Turning radius and a dash that doesn't crack in the sun.

DO NOT BUY
By blahblah7

2004 Dodge Neon SXT 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

It was fun to drive, quick little car. BUT, It fell apart, right around 100, 000 kms everything goes wrong, like the tire rod, cam shaft sensor, o2 sensor and many many more. I had so many problems. I just really want to warn everyone and anyone to not buy this car, it will only be a head ache. save yourself and get a honda

Favorite Features

none

Suggested Improvements

quality, reliability, and overall better the car

Has served me well for 67k miles
By powerllama

2004 Dodge Neon SRT-4 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I bought this car new in 2004. I've driven it ever since. I don't put as much mileage on cars as do other people, but 9 years and 67k miles can do a lot. The car is incredibly roomy on the inside, and easily fits four. Though it's not great for road-trips, as it doesn't have cruise control. But boy is it quick. It doesn't handle corners well, and has a giant turning radius, but in a straight line it's hard to beat for the price. Other than that, it's just a normal car. Nothing too special about it.

Favorite Features

The speed, the speed, the speed. Roomy. Great A/C.

Suggested Improvements

Could use power windows in the back, though I understand they didn't include them to keep costs down. Everything about this car was to keep costs down I guess. Cruise control would be great.

good at times.. horrible at times
By jay9544

2004 Dodge Neon SXT 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

i got this car with 95,000 miles and now have 132,000 thats it for now i dont plant on driving it anymore. The ECU is done.. I dont think its worth the money to fix this car. I have already replaced the transmission and the cam shaft sensor. I have changed the oil and filter religiously since i have gotten it. I just bought some new tires as well. In the end the car is decent looking for its size and pretty comfortable for a big guy like me even. But it is horrible quality and uses horrible parts.

Favorite Features

none

Suggested Improvements

meh its an american car, they dont care about quality.

"Let's run em!!" MOPAR OR NO CAR!!!
By imboosted

2004 Dodge Neon SRT-4 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

At first i wanted an MS3, they're great cars. Only problem is, they're as plentiful and as common as roaches!! Every1 i know has on and it sucked for me in making my nxt performance decision. I looked at the cobalt ss supercharged, but then i remembered my brother had 1 and i was always told to stay away from civics. so the nxt logical choice was the srt-4. I can't tell you how glad I am to be the owner of this car. IT IS AWESOME!! picked mine up, she was stock. added a few things..(Mpx exhaust,, BIG front mount, greddy turbo timer, AEM intake, and AGP wastegate) and now she's unstoppable. I eat stngs, comaros, Z's, WRXs, GTIs, MS3s for breakfast!! I can even hang with GS vettes. Great car!!

Favorite Features

I love how this car takes to high boost and modding in general. She'll without a doubt always put a smile on your face!! All you gotta is hit the throttle!!

Suggested Improvements

3rd gear is crappy. You'll probably end up having to get 3rd.- 4th gear syncros and if you do that, you might as well go ahead and get a new shitf fork and pivot ball. www.modernperformance.com and agpturbo.com are i think the best sites to use to get performance and replacement parts. Some like moparperformance, however they are usually more expensive.