Used 2004 Dodge Neon Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Dodge Neon Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Neon model:

reliable car
By red

2004 Dodge Neon Sedan SXT 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This is a car has a very low maintenance but expensive parts when they got to be replace. I had to replace the tires only 1 time @ 75,000 miles, change the plugs and wires, fr brakes once. Now I got to replace the fr. struts. I think this is not bad after having 95,000 miles on the car.

the favorite features are the fog lights, fold down back seats, and the adjustable seat belts.

I would improve the seat cushions and have automatic windows for the back seats

Fun To Drive, Big Go-Cart
By Michael McIntyre

2004 Dodge Neon Sedan SXT 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

The 2004 Neon was a vast improvement over previous years of this vehicle I had owned. It looked sporty and it still had the fun driveability that I had loved in this car. I have experienced no maintenance problems, but I did opt for the 70,000 7 year optional warranty just in case.

Cornering and steering this little car are tons of fun. I guess I would have liked the Ford Pinto too.

Manufacture it again

Used 04 Neon -84000 miles
By Gary

2004 Dodge Neon Sedan SXT 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I got this Neon used. It was time to get something in better shape than my 94 Camry. After a second trip back to the Dodge dealer for electrical issues (it died periodically for no apparant reason) it has been pretty much flawless. It was a bit sluggish - but it is only a 4 banger, so I tried putting in a K&N air filter and what a difference that made. It is not the quietest interior, but just turn up the CD player volume a little more. I've been very pleased with getting this as a second vehicle for running around town in.

CD changer, air conditioning, spoiler, power mirrors, power door locks with remote, very roomy trunk

Trim on the outside around the windows that doesn't wear and look so battered after only 3 years.

Not so good
By G

2004 Dodge Neon Sedan SXT 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Have had this thing for about 2 years and bought it practically new(7000km) it now has 71,000. It has definintely not been my favorite car. I quality is very lacking. There are so many squeaks and things it drive me nuts. Power is on the weak side for me and I find the brakes are not the greatest either. The stock tires were garbage. I have a number of problems I don't feel I should have had. The engine is the most unrefined thing I have ever driven. Lots of vibrations at idle. In my opinion this is a cheap and cheaply made car. I would not buy another.

Moonroof, stock stereo was pretty good, thats about it.

Better quality. Much much less road noise. Better engine, better transmission, just higher quality in all regards

New to me '04 Neon
By X-CamryOwner

2004 Dodge Neon Sedan SXT 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I got this '04 SXT used with 85,777 miles on it. I test drove it twice and loved it. Was easy to back into the space on the dealer's lot on the first drive. Only had to take it back 1 time for a diagnostic code 0340. The dealer also programmed the door remote I purchased elsewhere and gave me another when I took it in for the 0340 code. It has been fun to drive. It is a bit noisy on the highway and rough roads, but come on, it is not a Lexus. I am not regretting buying it. I have an '05 PT Conv and the dash is almost identical. I did get the 6 cd changer in the Neon - love it. It's a little low to the ground, but will get bigger tires/wheels when tires need replacing.

Diagnostic codes, remote doors/trunk, spoiler (it looks so sporty), nice wheels, gas mileage 25-27 in town.

A little quiter ride would be nice. Wish I could have found a used one for under $8000 with cruise control. Don't stop making the Neon.

• SUV