2004 Dodge Neon Consumer Reviews 8

2004 Dodge Neon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Neon model:
My Review
By Tom on 04/06/05 14:18 PM (PDT)

2004 Dodge Neon SRT-4 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

This is the car to have, if your not loaded with money and like a good American car. Take my word for it, the SRT-4 is such a fun car to drive. It's addicting...find out for yourself.

Good for the money... I guess
By DarkPoter on 04/04/05 22:58 PM (PDT)

2004 Dodge Neon SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I got the car 2 years ago because I needed something more reliable to drive to work. It has done a fair job for much, much less then a Mazda.

Rocket ship
By John on 04/01/05 10:11 AM (PST)

2004 Dodge Neon SRT-4 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

This car is so fast and fun I am suprised it is legal! I bought it in October of '04 with 4k miles on it. In the 5 months that I have had it I have put on 18000 miles without any problems. Even with all the performance I still get an average of 28 mpg. Everyone that has ridden in the SRT4 has been super impressed with the performance. The interior is quiet, comfortable and super supportive. The handling is good, the performance is awesome and the gas mileage is good and the stock stereo sounds pretty good too. What more could you ask for!

Great performance, piece of junk
By Ashley on 01/18/05 11:59 AM (PST)

2004 Dodge Neon SRT-4 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I currently own three Neons, a 99, a 99 R/tTand an 04 SRT. The SRT has been the most problematic by far. Problems on the SRT include an oil leak at 400 miles. Now i have 32,000 and it has yet to be fixed; axle seal went at 6,000, numerous computer problems, steering problems, and the most recent problem has to deal with the throttle sticking open. I was very excited to get this SRT since I'm a total Neon geek, however it was a huge let down. The performance is great and it's fun to run at the track, but it would be great if the build and reliability of the vehicle matched its performance. I've owned it for a year and I'm ready to sell. Thanks Dodge.

Modern day muscle car
By Crono on 01/09/05 12:48 PM (PST)

2004 Dodge Neon SRT-4 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

This is by far the most fun car I have ever driven. The power is unbelievable and the suspension is very tight while only being a little harsh. The brakes bring you back down to legal speeds in a hurry, which will be necessary if this car is driven like it shound be. The steering is quick but very heavy and a bit on the numb side. Being 6'6" I could use a little more headroom and legroom. It's not quite as roomy as my previous car, a Ford Focus ZX3. The heavily bolstered front seats are actually really comfortable while making sure you don't slide around when taking that "suggested" 30 mph off ramp at 70 mph. Best car buy ever.

Very surprised
By Pat Lippy on 01/09/05 07:04 AM (PST)

2004 Dodge Neon SXT 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Was looking for a daily driver for my wife. She had a 96 Ford Windstar and my kids are grown, so I was looking for something good on gas. After looking at Corolla, Scion, Protege, and Aveo, I decided on the Neon. Got the best price (leftover 2004), more of the "creature comforts" (CD player, AC, power everything) and the dealership was offering free maintenance and tires as long as you own the car - now how can you beat that? The resale of the car concerns me but my wife had her Windstar for nine years and never complained, so I hope to have this car as long. She is happy and so am I but I never, ever, thought I would own a Dodge - had a bad Omni experience years ago.

SRT-4 Rule
By Chris on 01/05/05 16:45 PM (PST)

2004 Dodge Neon SRT-4 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

i have put over 28,000 miles on it in less than a year.so ask yourself if you think it is fun to drive!

What's up with those damned brakes????
By Andy Allison on 01/05/05 07:19 AM (PST)

2004 Dodge Neon SXT 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I really love my car & the way it drives. It's quick, responsive, & fun. The engine is perfect for this car...it has just enough power for performance without a great fuel cost, all of which leaves me to wonder why Daimler put such a flawed & NOISY brake system on 'em. When I first start her up , regardless of environmental conditions, as soon as I step on the brakes I hear the most awful grinding/squealing sound coming from the wheels. With every subsequent stop the noise is reduced bit until several miles into my journey it stops all together. I have taken it into the dealership just to be told that the brakes are fine & there is nothing that can be done. What's up with that?

WOW!! This car hauls ass!!!!
By K.J. on 01/04/05 18:38 PM (PST)

2004 Dodge Neon SRT-4 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

All I have to say is that this vehicle is one fast ride! There is no turbo lag, just sheer power when you need it. Even without using the recommended 91 octane, the car still puts out 11psi of boost and pulls nicely. The handling is excellent and the ride quality is very good considering the abilities of the vehicle. The brakes do an excellent job of stopping the vehicle under heavy braking without ever fading. The exhaust is somewhat loud due to lack of mufflers, but to a car enthusiast such as myself, it's music to my ears. The seats are wonderfully supportive during hard cornering but having the wide side bolsters makes is somewhat difficult to get in. An excellent ride for under 22K!

Awesome
By TurboQueen on 01/01/05 14:13 PM (PST)

2004 Dodge Neon SRT-4 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

This car is awesome. There is not one thing I can complain about. It will blow the doors off any other car for the price. Next to the WRX and EVO, its one of the best sport compact cars out right now.