2004 Dodge Neon SRT-4 SRT-4 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Dodge Neon - Consumer Reviews

2004 Neon Consumer Reviews

SRT-4 2.4L 4-cyl. Turbo 5-speed Manual - (154 reviews )

Sort Reviews by

most fun you can have for the money
By redram

2004 Dodge Neon SRT-4 SRT-4 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

Go est drive one it speaks for itself

Favorite Features

merging power, I ran a 13.8 stock out of the showroom.

Suggested Improvements

tighter suspenion

Most fun in years
By Srt4mom

2004 Dodge Neon SRT-4 SRT-4 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I've had my SRT-4 for 6 months now. I upgraded from a 2000 Neon. I love the car, I love the reactions of people when they see it. The performance is outstanding and it is definitely the most fun I've ever had with a car - and I've been driving for 35 years. I'm just waiting for my husband to get his rebuilt Firebird on the track so I can show him just what a little "neon" can do.

Favorite Features

Standard boost gauge, race style seats, chrome tips. I have a friend with a $30,000 Lightning - he gets mad every time he looks at my car-he had to buy the gauges and tips for his car - I got them stock for $21,000

Suggested Improvements

I love it the way it is.

Surprisingly Good Value
By charles gass

2004 Dodge Neon SRT-4 SRT-4 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

Was my wifes first new car purchase and while we bought it for the value, it has turned out to be way above what we expected for the price.

Favorite Features

Fuel Economy and sporty good looks for a great price.

Suggested Improvements

Better handling although the ride is good for a small car.

It ROCKS!
By ChiTownCrckr

2004 Dodge Neon SRT-4 SRT-4 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

So far it is great, My favorite part is when I am cruising down the high way and you try to cut around someone, but being the ignorant person they are, they try to step on it and not let you cut in, then you step on it and watch them disappear in your rearview mirror.

Favorite Features

Boost Guage, Turbo, Intercooler, Suspension, Seats, Sun Roof, Power!

Suggested Improvements

Perfect for the price, and anything you dont like can be replaced for extremely reasonable prices through Mopar.

Good, but.....
By luislll

2004 Dodge Neon SRT-4 SRT-4 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

My options were the SRT-4, Impreza WRX (Or STI), Mitsubishi evolution. I drove the srt-4, good power for the money, but is not confortable, I felt tire after the test drive, the seats were not the best, also I didn't like the turn radio. I have decided for the Impreza, now I'm thinking between the WRX or the STI; I know that the difference on price between those models and teh SRT4 are big; but if you are going to spend more than 20K (besides the modifications), you need the best.

Favorite Features

speed, power

Suggested Improvements

seats, turn readio, gear

srt4
By Gary Baker

2004 Dodge Neon SRT-4 SRT-4 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

this thing is great it is sporty looking drives great the interior is wonderful the seats are great when your driving a sports car u dont want to have to hold the wheel to stay in your seat these seats hold you in place it has great brakes stop on a dime great throttle response this thing is fast the funnest car ever for 20k

Favorite Features

2.4 turbocharged and intercooled i love this thing it is so much fun to drive

Suggested Improvements

even more power it is like an addiction

Pocket Rocket
By Dave Webber

2004 Dodge Neon SRT-4 SRT-4 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

Car is just plain FUN to drive. Lots of HP back up by decent handling.

Favorite Features

Exhaust Sound, Performance, G-Force get up and go. May need two hands to hang on when you hit the gas pedal.

Suggested Improvements

LSD in the 2003, diffinately needed as an upgrade.

This car is the bomb!
By Lord J

2004 Dodge Neon SRT-4 SRT-4 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

This is the best car i have ever drove, it has lots of features and upgrades that are avalible. There's been no competion on the street with this car, (beside the M5 that kicked my butt which i expected for $60,000+)it is fast and furious, and i dont regret buying this car, and for the price, its a steal, im waiting for Stage 2 turbo upgrade to make this car even faster, good job Dodge, 2 thumbs up.

Favorite Features

My favorite feature is the speed and look of this car, when u see this car, it looks mean, people look at me all the time when im in this beast, and when they hear the aggressive sound of the car, it turns heads.

Suggested Improvements

No improvements!

Another tremendous sport compact
By Levey

2004 Dodge Neon SRT-4 SRT-4 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

The market right now is glutted with tremendous performance sport compacts. I really believe there is one to suit every personality out there. But if all out performance (and particularly acceleration) is what is most important to you, then there can be no other choice then the SRT-4. It can sprint like a V-8 Mustang and corner like a compact.

Favorite Features

The power. It's a very quick car. Also the Dodge Viper seats aren't for everybody, but I find they fit me like a glove. Suprisingly good over rough roads.

Suggested Improvements

The body roll in this car doesn't always inspire confidence in the handling, even when there is still plenty of grip available. The exhaust note might be too loud for some, and not everyone will love the Viper seats.

Amazing!
By cooz123

2004 Dodge Neon SRT-4 SRT-4 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

Yes, it's like a broken record, but I have to agree with 90 percent of the posts here, this car is all that and more. Everything about the SRT-4 brings a smile to my face. I used to drive an 87 Mustang GT and that car doesn't come close to the fun factor I experience in my SRT. Stage 2 and new wheels and tires are in my forecast. I hope this car will go down in history as one of, If not the best bang for buck cars ever sold.

Favorite Features

Speed,tourque,handling,super comfort not only in the seat but the smooth feel to the engine along with the super smooth bump handling as well as quite cabin noise. Some people have said they don't like the stereo but I think it is pretty darn good for stock. Nice bass and loudness.

Suggested Improvements

Come on, for 20 grand it's hard to even suggest any after having a great driving experience time and time again.