Used 2004 Dodge Neon Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Dodge Neon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Neon model:

Econo Dodge
By Sheena

2004 Dodge Neon Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I had a wonderful bright red neon. Unfortunately I got in an accident (not my fault) a couple weeks ago and due to the low value of the car the small damage to it totaled the car. Although, my car was hit and it spun a 180 and ran into a curb and all I've got is a bruise on my leg. Pretty good I'd say. If you're a safe driver and you want something reliable and cute with great mpg, get a neon (especially if you're a bit low on cash). I only had the base model and it was a great little car.

Favorite Features

speed and handling, mpg, snazzy design, reliable.

Suggested Improvements

kinda loud inside (especially on frway), value depreciates real quick.

Cute But Fragile
By Michele

2004 Dodge Neon Sedan SXT 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This car does not fare well in accidents, even minor fender benders. My car was totaled in a 35 mph collision that caused both airbags to release. Repairs to the fragile exterior were expensive and negated the savings of the initial purchase price. The car handles well, though, and has s spunky little engine.

Favorite Features

Sound system; handling; sleek exterior; dark seat covers; head room; front leg room; airbags (they saved me in a 35 mph collision that totaled my car).

Suggested Improvements

Less road noise; black (dark) instead of white instrument panel; move antenna away from passenger front; softer right front armrest; power rear windows; stronger exterior; reduce horrible, dangerous crash results.

reliable car
By red

2004 Dodge Neon Sedan SXT 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This is a car has a very low maintenance but expensive parts when they got to be replace. I had to replace the tires only 1 time @ 75,000 miles, change the plugs and wires, fr brakes once. Now I got to replace the fr. struts. I think this is not bad after having 95,000 miles on the car.

Favorite Features

the favorite features are the fog lights, fold down back seats, and the adjustable seat belts.

Suggested Improvements

I would improve the seat cushions and have automatic windows for the back seats

Fun To Drive, Big Go-Cart
By Michael McIntyre

2004 Dodge Neon Sedan SXT 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

The 2004 Neon was a vast improvement over previous years of this vehicle I had owned. It looked sporty and it still had the fun driveability that I had loved in this car. I have experienced no maintenance problems, but I did opt for the 70,000 7 year optional warranty just in case.

Favorite Features

Cornering and steering this little car are tons of fun. I guess I would have liked the Ford Pinto too.

Suggested Improvements

Manufacture it again

Used 04 Neon -84000 miles
By Gary

2004 Dodge Neon Sedan SXT 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I got this Neon used. It was time to get something in better shape than my 94 Camry. After a second trip back to the Dodge dealer for electrical issues (it died periodically for no apparant reason) it has been pretty much flawless. It was a bit sluggish - but it is only a 4 banger, so I tried putting in a K&N air filter and what a difference that made. It is not the quietest interior, but just turn up the CD player volume a little more. I've been very pleased with getting this as a second vehicle for running around town in.

Favorite Features

CD changer, air conditioning, spoiler, power mirrors, power door locks with remote, very roomy trunk

Suggested Improvements

Trim on the outside around the windows that doesn't wear and look so battered after only 3 years.