2004 Dodge Neon Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Neon model:
At 11K - So Far So Good!
By NeonGuy on 09/30/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Dodge Neon Sedan SXT 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I purchased my Neon SXT back in March of this year, and thus far, all is going well! The basic design, comfort and build quality are excellent for the price point. The seats and interior room house my 6'3" frame quite well, and the dash layout is a model of organization (if not materials quality). The auto tranny is awful however, and the gas mileage has never risen to my expectations for the car. Beyond all such simple reviews however, has been the car's durability and build quality. While I have only placed 11,000 miles on the odometer, those miles have been squeek, rattle and mechanical failings free. If the car remains reliable, I would wholeheartedly reccomend this car!

TWICE AS NICE
By NEW YORK on 09/19/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Dodge Neon Sedan SXT 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased my first neon in 2000 and was pleasantly surprised. It handles great in the snow. I was in need of a car for my 21 year old daughter and bought her the 2004 neon. I thought the reliability, design, comfort and price was perfect.Great colors to choose from. The neon had all the options/safety features I wanted for a car. My daught loved the car, even more with all the compliments she received.

Homer
By Davjohn on 09/18/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Dodge Neon Sedan SXT 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

Very fun to drive. Good controls layout and excellent stereo.

A Good Buy
By neonsoxt on 09/13/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Dodge Neon Sedan SXT 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car brand new off the lot in April 2004. The features are great for the MSRP, including a great stereo, ice cold air, and power windows up front. While the rear windows are crank, it's not a big deal because they're easy to roll down with only a few cranks. The build materials seem pretty durable and tight so far as I have put about 4500 miles on it and there hasn't been one rattle or squeek. The suspension seems like a good comprimise between a touring ride and good handling. The engine can be what some would consider choppy at idle, but it has a nice sound and a great sweet spot right around 4000 RPM.

fun compact
By strack350 on 09/11/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Dodge Neon Sedan SXT 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

dodge has taken a good car and made it better. The second generation neon is not as performance minded as the first, but it is far more comforatable to drive, and is far more refined.

Sporty Fun
By Kuzza on 09/11/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Dodge Neon Sedan SXT 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

Always loved Dodge cars. Previously owned the last 1999 2 door Neon Coupe with very standard features, but I liked it. My new 2004 Neon SXT Sedan is definitley a step up and found vast improvements, especially with audio & smoother ride. Very stylish with fog lamps and rear spoiler. Enjoy driving this vehicle very much. Trying to learn the CD controls is a bit of a challenge. The best feature is the smooth braking. Money-wise, it was a good deal, especially if you can get rebats like I did ($3500), plus with a trade-in, the final cost was lower than what I paid for my 1999 Neon brand new. I can't complain, I love this car.

Not a happy camper
By Jdarthz66 on 09/05/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Dodge Neon Sedan SXT 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

Needless to say I have had my Neon SXT for A month and so. I have been to the dealer close to the 4th time, Same Issue. Go figure. I have received the worst customer service from the dealership. then they expect you to give them good reviws on the customer review letters HAHA. Main Issue has been the fuel gauge. DOES NOT READ Correctly. A few rattles which I really don't care. Let's see if i can get it replaced. By the way I agree with the Trunk lid Review, it feels like it is gonna break your rear window.

GREAT LITTLE NEON SXT
By Sharon S on 09/05/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Dodge Neon Sedan SXT 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I have had my car about 2 months now.I like it very much. Quite alot of room inside so you dont feel cramped. The trunk also has alot of room. The ride is pretty smooth. Seems to handle well in rain. Havent tried snow yet. Im very happy with it and think I made a good choice.

First Dodge
By stockholder on 08/22/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Dodge Neon Sedan SXT 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

Just picked up my Neon yesterday. I must admit I never could see myself owning a 4 cylinder engine car, but this one has a lot of pep. The salesman put me in the showroom car and then when we figured my 6/2 frame could fit in it. I went outside and picked out my graphite colored car. So far I have driven back and forth to work. But this week I get a chance to really drive it.

Nice Car
By RaiDeRz on 08/08/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Dodge Neon Sedan SXT 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

The car is fun and has good handling going around curves. The car also has a decent sound system.