2004 Dodge Neon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Neon model:
New to me '04 Neon
By X-CamryOwner on 02/02/07 14:58 PM (PST)

2004 Dodge Neon SXT 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I got this '04 SXT used with 85,777 miles on it. I test drove it twice and loved it. Was easy to back into the space on the dealer's lot on the first drive. Only had to take it back 1 time for a diagnostic code 0340. The dealer also programmed the door remote I purchased elsewhere and gave me another when I took it in for the 0340 code. It has been fun to drive. It is a bit noisy on the highway and rough roads, but come on, it is not a Lexus. I am not regretting buying it. I have an '05 PT Conv and the dash is almost identical. I did get the 6 cd changer in the Neon - love it. It's a little low to the ground, but will get bigger tires/wheels when tires need replacing.

Good car for the most part
By MENACE/SRT4 on 12/01/06 14:37 PM (PST)

2004 Dodge Neon SRT-4 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

Well what can I say, is faster than I expected. For the price is worth it for the most part. I bought my SRT about 5 months ago. It had 27k miles on it. For the first couple months it ran good, but I started to notice oil leaks. I took it back to the dealer. It turns out to be the oil pan. That's what they said the first time. Well I've been to the dealer more than six times and they still can't fix that leak. Oil pan has been replaced twice. From what I hear these cars have oil leak problems. My SRT is at the dealer right now. It's the fastest under $20k but if you are thinking of buying you better get extended warranty..

SRT-4 Fun to Drive
By Jess on 11/10/06 07:15 AM (PST)

2004 Dodge Neon SRT-4 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I'm not a Neon fan, but I love turbo motors and Dodge built this one right! With minor mods, I was able to boost the SRT from 228HP and 253ft/tq at the wheels to 246HP and 276 ft/tb at the wheels. This car is by far the best bang for the buck sports sedan out there!

Fast for Cheap, Sleeper from Factory
By CMonsterGT on 07/02/06 16:41 PM (PDT)

2004 Dodge Neon SRT-4 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I'm a 300 lb guy. I wanted a fast car that was relatively easy to get in and out of. At first in my car shopping experience, the SRT4 didn't even show up in my searches due to the fact that it only comes in a 4 door. It's one of the sharpest 4 doors I've ever seen. Even better looking than the WRX and Evo8. It still needs to be dropped at least an inch, though. This car is fast and fun, and with 4 doors, you can still have a family and enjoy this car! Plenty of room and plenty of sound from the kicker sound package. Make sure you get the sunroof! It feels great to drive, and it's hard to keep your foot out of the gas. Plenty of room in the trunk, and the Viper seats keep you planted!

Hate to say it.
By Carlos on 05/29/06 20:58 PM (PDT)

2004 Dodge Neon SRT-4 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I have seen nothing but good reviews and thats why I bought this car. I have put 7k on it. Turbo leaks are infamous. The tranny is a headache also. Many many people report tranny issues and I'm one of them. This car is a blast to drive but I feel like its going to fall apart anyday now. It has a stubborn transmission and shifts like crap especially in the cold. Maybe I got unlucky.

GLH!!
By Mike on 04/15/06 02:25 AM (PDT)

2004 Dodge Neon SRT-4 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

This car is by far the fastest, most responsive and most fun vehicle you can get for the price. Period. It will run with the bigger dogs, able to keep up with cars 10-15K dollars more that it's price (perfect example: this will out run the most expensive, upgraded $32,000 version of the RX-8). It looks great (although I do have to admit that other than the dual exhaust and wicked huge spoiler, the back end looks a little plain) inside and out. And I can't say enough of how I love those seats! Spectacular support without sacrifice of comfort. The tires look great, and perform wonderfully no matter what the road conditions (I was amazed at the grip they had in the winter months). Awesome.

Great for the price
By Patrick on 04/02/06 21:18 PM (PDT)

2004 Dodge Neon SXT 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

The power-to-weight ratio is great. I replaced the air filter with a K&N direct replacement, then pulled the OEM exhaust off and added a Flowmaster 30 series exhaust, and brought the intake air temperature readings down by 4.7k-ohms. The result? Basically, I bought a new '04 Neon, and added the $135 in parts above to it, and now I get about 40 mpg on 89 octane, not to mention the fact that I can run a 15.7 in the quarter-mile. The power/economy side of this car is very attractive. The interior is roomy for a compact, but not too flashy. The ride is comfortable and handling is tight. The external body lines are somewhat outdated, but acceptable, Overall, this is a great car for the money.

Almost 2 yrs later, 2nd review
By Sharon S on 04/02/06 11:26 AM (PDT)

2004 Dodge Neon SXT 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Well, It will be 2 yrs in June 2006 that I have owned this car. I love it still. I have not had any problems mechanically with it what so ever. It runs great.Does very well in snow and rain. Glad I purchased it. Will buy another one in the future.Good job Dodge!

My Dodge is sexy!
By Amber on 03/28/06 15:38 PM (PST)

2004 Dodge Neon SXT 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I have been very pleased with the reliability of my Neon. No problems for a whole year after 17,000 miles added. Good gas mileage, sporty and fun, bright yellow is the way to go. Great first car for teens or students. Not the most spaious interior. Fun and easy to drive.

Great fun for $20,000
By youngsrt4 on 01/23/06 23:17 PM (PST)

2004 Dodge Neon SRT-4 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

This car is way too much fun. Get on the pedal and this baby will fly. I love that they added a limited slip ATB differential as it gives this powerhouse hardly any noticeable torque steer. Just point and hold on. I am also very pleased with the fuel economy for a car with this much performance. I have averaged about 26 mpg with it (getting 29 at least 4 times) even with the winter weather. This car also has far more performance that anything even close to its price range. Even my friend who is a foreign car lover (he drives nothing but Toyotas) loves it. He told me it's like riding in a car from the Fast and the Furious. If I can get someone like that to love it, anyone can.