2004 Dodge Neon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Neon model:
reliable car
By red on 03/17/08 13:02 PM (PDT)

2004 Dodge Neon SXT 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This is a car has a very low maintenance but expensive parts when they got to be replace. I had to replace the tires only 1 time @ 75,000 miles, change the plugs and wires, fr brakes once. Now I got to replace the fr. struts. I think this is not bad after having 95,000 miles on the car.

Best bang for the buck, hands down.
By George on 03/14/08 18:18 PM (PDT)

2004 Dodge Neon SRT-4 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I just love it; I can't be more happy with it. I have a Vette with a worked 383 that was never as much fun as thing car is right out of the box. Put a couple grand in upgrade parts into and you'll blow the doors off anything on the road. The only cars that can take it on the highway, bone stock, are the STI and EVO. WRX's get smoked.

Fun To Drive, Big Go-Cart
By Michael McIntyre on 03/12/08 16:44 PM (PDT)

2004 Dodge Neon SXT 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

The 2004 Neon was a vast improvement over previous years of this vehicle I had owned. It looked sporty and it still had the fun driveability that I had loved in this car. I have experienced no maintenance problems, but I did opt for the 70,000 7 year optional warranty just in case.

Mistress for an elderly man
By tapjuice on 01/05/08 10:01 AM (PST)

2004 Dodge Neon SRT-4 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

That's it! This is gonna be buried with me.. No squeaks or rattles Twenty g's, performance options abound, as much road presence as an Enzo, faster than a speeding bullet, corners as if on rails, mileage of a Fit{ told the wife that was the only reason I bought it}. 65,000 miles and no trouble at all. Stage three is impossibly, perfectly tuned. Suspension options add more grip than is needed. Of all the cars I've owned in my short 72 years on this ball of mud, this car is the is the snottiest thing in my price range ever.

Will own this car forever!
By Paul on 07/14/07 13:15 PM (PDT)

2004 Dodge Neon SRT-4 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

Will never sell this car. Best/favorite car ever owned. Cheap to fix or mod up. Beats many other much higher priced cars on road and track. Use mine at Road tracks like Pocono and Watkins Glenn every year and found with various Mopar and Non Mopar upgrades the car is able to contend with cars like Lotus. Car is truly amazing. Even in winter months you can take car out in worst conditions and it performs better than any other 2wd on the market. Granted I have studded snows for car, but never had a car with snows that could go up any icy/snowy hill and stop on a dime up or down hill. Don't drive car in winter anymore though. Gotta get another stock SRT-4 for winter.

Used 04 Neon -84000 miles
By Gary on 07/12/07 15:44 PM (PDT)

2004 Dodge Neon SXT 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I got this Neon used. It was time to get something in better shape than my 94 Camry. After a second trip back to the Dodge dealer for electrical issues (it died periodically for no apparant reason) it has been pretty much flawless. It was a bit sluggish - but it is only a 4 banger, so I tried putting in a K&N air filter and what a difference that made. It is not the quietest interior, but just turn up the CD player volume a little more. I've been very pleased with getting this as a second vehicle for running around town in.

Not so good
By G on 06/04/07 11:32 AM (PDT)

2004 Dodge Neon SXT 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Have had this thing for about 2 years and bought it practically new(7000km) it now has 71,000. It has definintely not been my favorite car. I quality is very lacking. There are so many squeaks and things it drive me nuts. Power is on the weak side for me and I find the brakes are not the greatest either. The stock tires were garbage. I have a number of problems I don't feel I should have had. The engine is the most unrefined thing I have ever driven. Lots of vibrations at idle. In my opinion this is a cheap and cheaply made car. I would not buy another.

Great all around car
By quiksilver723 on 03/15/07 11:07 AM (PDT)

2004 Dodge Neon SRT-4 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

Well I've had this car for 3 years now and the thing has held up beautifully. I do enjoy the pick up and go that this car has, but I also like the fact that it has plenty of space for the weekly grocery store trip. On the downside though it is just a Neon so it's not like a BMW in terms of elegance or styling. But for me, I really wanted to have performance at a low cost and the SRT-4 definitely fit that description. So if you're a gear head and want something to build, the SRT-4 is a great place to start. It's relatively cheap and there are a lot of aftermarket parts out there. And after a few modifications you can really hang with most of the bigger guys out there.

Fast for Cheap, Great Buy
By SRTswizz on 03/14/07 12:41 PM (PDT)

2004 Dodge Neon SRT-4 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

This is such a fun car. It is very quick from the factory and it has lots of aftermarket parts to make it faster. The interior actually isn't too bad. Just the long dash takes bit to get used to. The seats are amazing and make all other seats seem weak. The transmission is notchy, and stock throws are long. Stock ride is not too harsh but it is pretty bumpy but not any worse than my brothers G35 coupe. The exhaust sounds are unique and it sounds great. It is also pretty spacious for a small car, a lot better than WRX, especially rear seats. Makes me smile everytime I drive it.

New to me '04 Neon
By X-CamryOwner on 02/02/07 14:58 PM (PST)

2004 Dodge Neon SXT 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I got this '04 SXT used with 85,777 miles on it. I test drove it twice and loved it. Was easy to back into the space on the dealer's lot on the first drive. Only had to take it back 1 time for a diagnostic code 0340. The dealer also programmed the door remote I purchased elsewhere and gave me another when I took it in for the 0340 code. It has been fun to drive. It is a bit noisy on the highway and rough roads, but come on, it is not a Lexus. I am not regretting buying it. I have an '05 PT Conv and the dash is almost identical. I did get the 6 cd changer in the Neon - love it. It's a little low to the ground, but will get bigger tires/wheels when tires need replacing.