Used 2004 Dodge Neon Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Dodge Neon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Neon model:

Great Car, No Problems!
By Rey Rivas

2004 Dodge Neon SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I bought my car in July of Ď03. Its an '03 SE model in Black (not much different from the '04 SE) I'm a college student & I needed a car that was reliable & that could handle being driven on 6 hr long road trips between my school and home, aswell as a car that looked & felt good to drive. When I test drove it I knew this was the car I wanted. Iíve had no mechanical problems. I've added a spoiler & CD player, plus other things that I will install shortly. Interestingly enough, if I had to do it again I wouldn't buy it, only because after I got my car I noticed other cars that looked sportier, but I definitely don't regret getting my Neon!

Sound System/Cd Player, good brakes, roomy interior, color, good Highway miles, reliable, sporty lookin' after a few upgrades.

City miles, (it seems like I'm always filling up the tank), so-so trade in value, front of car too low, there are no power locks, windows or trunk release in SE models.

prefer it to my 87 celica gt
By demrdi

2004 Dodge Neon SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I consider the Neon to be among the most under-rated cars on the road. It's faster and handles better than the poor man's Porsche that I drove from '90- '93, and has gotten me up many a steep slipery slope in winter. It's the second one I've owned, the first was a '96 and very satisfactory, and this '03 is better in every way.

Dogde neon rating
By ljl1225

2004 Dodge Neon SRT-4 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

the dodge neon is comfortable to drive -

I like the automatic truck opener

I don't know what I would improve - I purchased the car because of the features - the style- and comfort

Best Performance Bargain of the Decade
By Lee2220

2004 Dodge Neon SRT-4 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

This car's speed scares the crap out of me. Great performance/acceleration and supurb handling as well as braking. The stock 230 horses under the hood will melt the plastic off the front bumber in this great compact. The acceleration is as good if not better than new stock Mustang Mach 1's, Nissan Z's and the comparable WRX. The anti- lock brakes will stop the car in no time. This thing is treasure found in a chest. The best investment I have ever bought! Althought I don't suggest tyring 150 mph on the freeway, this car is capable of it!

Turbo boost guage, viper style seats, good stock sound system and reversed guages. Great exterior; front and rear bumpers, side skirts, rims and rear spoiler for a that aftermarket look straight from the facory. And of corse, the turbocharger.

I've make K&N cold intake mod's that seriouly improved flow to the turbo. Plans include Mopar statge 2 upgrade and possibly stage 3 when released. A nice compliment to the yellow paint would be chrome 18's.

most fun you can have for the money
By redram

2004 Dodge Neon SRT-4 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

Go est drive one it speaks for itself

merging power, I ran a 13.8 stock out of the showroom.

tighter suspenion