Used 2004 Dodge Neon Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Dodge Neon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Neon model:

Dissapointment Abound
By Very dissapointed

2004 Dodge Neon SXT 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

Less than 1 year and it has been in the shop at least 7 times. The worst being after 6 months I was told that the engine came off the motor mount. It was a good thing they finally found it after several tries. I recently took it for the power outlet kept shorting and blowing the fuse for the locking system. They told me my phone was to powerful to charge in it and that I would have to pay to get a stronger outlet installed. ARE YOU SERIOUS. Needless to say after several attempts to get my care properly repaired I am giving up. Time to SELL

Alot of bang for any buck
By Quick

2004 Dodge Neon SRT-4 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

Well-rounded performance, period! Handling is very good. Brakes are excellent! Vicious power! Good-looking interior (except the door plastic). Zero defects. No squeaks or rattles on my car! Only the Mach 1, WRX(& STI), and EVO provide similar, but less "bang for the buck". Then you need to move into the $45,000 range to equal or surpass performance. The Mustang Cobra is around $38,000, but the stock handling and brakes are no better (maybe worse). Dodge does not advertise this car. Not many on the road where I live. Only "gear-heads" know about the car. Therefore, strangely exclusive.

Favorite Features

If you don't like the viper seats, get the R/T seats with the side airbags (it's an option). The exhaust is fun! Not too loud on the highway in 4th or 5th gear. Practical - 4 doors, trunk, good gas mileage(considering the power). Limited slip (04 model) is a significant improvement

Suggested Improvements

Upgrade the plastic on the doors. Short-throw shifter should be standard. Front and rear strut braces with bigger sway bars (it can be done for about $300). Refine the drive-train (i.e. remove clutch vibrations, better engine mounts, etc.)

SRT-4
By P-38lightning

2004 Dodge Neon SRT-4 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

INcredibly fun to drive, and the best performance that you can get in the price range.

Favorite Features

2.4 litre turbo engine

Suggested Improvements

Larger sway bars from factory instead of just upgrade.

SRT-4 Review
By Jason SRT-4

2004 Dodge Neon SRT-4 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

Awesome bang for your buck performance ride! Already three months old and I still get an ear to ear grin everytime I get into it. With just a few minor performance modificatons (provided by Mopar), my car is already putting down 280hp to the wheels.. I just can't get over the fun to drive aspect of this car! I definitly think there is a direct correlation between my right foot and a smile on my face!

Favorite Features

Love the pure speed out of this car.. I have test drove STi's, Evo's, and 350Z's, and still feel this car is more fun to drive..

Suggested Improvements

Better turning radius, and also better fuel economy..

A blast to drive.
By SDWE61988

2004 Dodge Neon SRT-4 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

This thing is a rocket. Everyone I have taken for a test drive says the same thing. "Oh my god!". I have teken a couple Corvette owners and Mustang owners. They all very impressed with the acceration. This car is the best bang for the buck value around in my opinion. While the Viper style seats are tight, They are comfortable. I think the interier is just as good as the imports, dispite all the critics comments. I would recomend this car to anyone who is looking for a fun vehicle.

Favorite Features

The power, the sound of the exhuast, the looks

Suggested Improvements

The turn Radius is terrible, Wider tires.