2004 Dodge Neon SRT-4 - Consumer Reviews

SRT-4 2.4L 4-cyl. Turbo 5-speed Manual - (153 reviews )
it soars
By ivy on 10/15/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Dodge Neon SRT-4 SRT-4 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I recently bought the Neon and it is the most comfortable ride. It has a great audio system. when I rev it up, the car seems to soar on the highway. I was concern in buying a neon, but I think I chose a great car at a great price.

srt-4
By trekguy on 10/11/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Dodge Neon SRT-4 SRT-4 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

Just purchased it 2 days ago and have 190 miles on the odometer. Very fast, although i HAVE YET BEEN ABLE TO SPIN THE WHEELS (maybe the LSD will not permit that). Car is very comfortable, and I love the racing seats. Brakes stop excellent. Paint is almost flawless, but the sound system could be better-price is GREAT!

Sleeper
By jwoodward_78109 on 10/10/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Dodge Neon SRT-4 SRT-4 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I was totally sold on this vehicle by the different car magazine's that did features on it. I traded-in a 2000 Mustang GT that was putting out around 320hp to the engine and I'm looking forward to modifying the SRT-4.

great car!!
By fr34k on 10/01/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

great car very quick! fun to drive. the 4 door is good cuz it lowers insurance

Can go faster for cheaper
By T Jackson on 09/29/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Dodge Neon SRT-4 SRT-4 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

This car land Dodge smack in the middle of the "Tuner" market. In a scramble for cheap speed, some of the other manufacturers have forgoten just that. For example, your Subaru's wrx's and your Mitsubishi's lancer evo's. You may be able to go faster, but you wont be able to go faster for cheaper. There isnt a car out there in the $20k range that even compares to this little pocket rocket. If you find one, dont hesitate to buy it, as that would be the best buy on the planet. Dodge has also given it one of the longest warranties out there. 7yrs/70k miles. Lets see the competition top that..... Go american muscle......

By esperi on 09/27/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Dodge Neon SRT-4 SRT-4 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

Very practical for a family car, but has performance that screams. We average bout 25 MPG. I've owned 25 cars over the past 6 years (not all new), including several muscle cars and high performance imports, and this is head over heels the most enjoyable, invigorating ride I've ever been in. The radio is awesome, the noise is very tolerable and the space is very roomy- the back seat will not knock your knees at all! The trunk will also hold 2 dead bodies (hopfully no fruition there).

New 2004 changes make this a MUST have!
By Docace on 09/25/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Dodge Neon SRT-4 SRT-4 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

With 500 miles behind me now I am just more and more amazed how much car Dodge crammed into the price of $21k. This car has unsurpassed braking ability, incredible acceleration and total road holding ability. This is the new car by which all others will be judged. Finding one was tough and the fact that most dealers will stick to selling the car at the MSRP means that anyone that wants one can with a bit of patience have one. 2004 model year changes such as more horsepower, limited slip differential & better tires then last year alone makes this car such a great deal. Dodge did their homework on these issues and it shows every time you put your foot in it.

AN AQUIRED TASTE
By DOUGNOSSER on 09/19/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Dodge Neon SRT-4 SRT-4 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

After driving the car now for a month, It still surprises me with it's power and roadhandling capability. Turbo lag is non-existant and the car never stops pulling.

SRT MINE
By popville on 09/15/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Dodge Neon SRT-4 SRT-4 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

Well the best thing about this car is it is a sleeper. It looks like a neon but woah watch out it has power of a race tuned machine. 0-60 in 5.6 seconds, great gas mileage if you keep your foot of the gas. all around good car.

S2000 KILLER!!!
By jason lee on 08/30/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Dodge Neon SRT-4 SRT-4 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

i bought this car 1 month ago, then, i got really surpirsed about this car. it is FAST, COMFORT, and CAN BEAT MOST CARS ON THE ROAD! my friend got Honda S2000 and that was cheap freak. i raced with BMW M3 Coupe and beated by little gap. but M3 driver was shocked about my srt-4 can chase him that thight. i plan to replace turbo to large one.