2004 Dodge Neon Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Neon model:
The Little Car That Can't
By james720 on 01/28/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Dodge Neon Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I dont own this car, just had the misfortune to rent it...However, I dislike it so much that I felt that I ought to write a review of it. This car has the loudest engine, the worst auto tranmission, crappy gas mileage, slow pickup, and horrible suspension. I drove my normal route on I-25 in CO and after getting out I felt like someone had put me in a paint mixer, this car needs a much smoother ride. It really lacks when compaired to a Corolla, Grand-Am, Civic, Stratus, or even a KIA.

for the price cant beat it
By michael siegenthaler on 01/23/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Dodge Neon Sedan SXT 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I have had my car a year now and as of yet i have no complaints. It is the best car i have ever had.

No complaints and a great car!
By Smelly on 01/14/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Dodge Neon Sedan SXT 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

My first new car and I'm very pleased. Of course going from a 1993 Ford Escort station wagon to just about any new car is a great improvement. However I'm very pleased with everything about this car. The accelleration is quick for 132hp (notice I got the manual trans) and braking is solid and responsive. I'm 6'3 and the seats are very comfortable even for long drives and I have plenty of headroom. I love the car.

happy to have
By rotten1 on 01/13/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Dodge Neon Sedan SXT 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

the only problem i have encountered thus far is the small knobs on the controls when i have gloves on. the gas mileage is fantastic.

A Sleeper, the R/T is Great
By maxbob on 01/11/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Dodge Neon Sedan R/T 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This car has a great suspension, tires, brakes, handling, design, and stereo. Just good are seats (cloth), instuments, controls, finish. NOTHING is bad on this car. A best buy at discounted prices, made in America, and adding two things: a front tower sway bar and a replacement K&N air filter adds perfection to performance for less than $100. A great car!

great car
By marco350z on 01/10/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Dodge Neon Sedan SXT 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

The 2004 Dodge Neon SXT is one of the best economy cars around. I have a 2003 Honda Civic LX and the Neon beats the Civic. The Civic is a bit more luxurious, but has a bland character. The Neon is fun to driver, it has nice personality and is very refined for '04. I paid 13,550 for my Neon, but i paid 16,870 for my Civic and i enjoy my Neon so much more. Its comfortable, powerful, great audio system, smooth, quiet, big windows.

Your Best American Deal
By DevoDad on 01/10/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Dodge Neon Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

The car's only short-coming is that the smooth Automatic Tranny has only a 3- speed gear set-up. The car is quick, nimble and performs great in traffic around the suburbs . But the gearing causes the motor to Rev very high on the interstates/ parkways, and engine noise is apparent. The "top" speed, therefore, is under 80 mph. Any fuel economy from this nice 16 valve is probably lost above 62 Mph. Mine is a basic low end model only w/ options of A/C and AutoTrans, and SO much is already standard (ie: excellent sound system) A real value despite the high-speed issues.

Neon interior
By Chris Gordon on 01/05/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Dodge Neon Sedan SXT 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I enjoy this car very much, it's got power when I need it, runs fairly quite ging down the highway. However, the interior can leave you with desire though. The side to side room(for us long legged people), is not quite enough, and the gas and brake pedal could use a little more seperation. But after 4 months, thats really all I can complain about.

Most Excellent
By Taimaidh on 01/03/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Dodge Neon Sedan SXT 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I was born into a Ford Family! I never thought I would ever drive a Dodge, Let alone buy one! I Love this car! When the salesman said take a look at the neons, I looked at my husband like he was all messed up! But I drove the 5 speed and it is fast! It is all I thought Dodge couldn't be, then some! It has a 4 cylinder hemmy,I can't say enough good stuff about the car!

My Neon SXT
By ChrissyCat66 on 01/03/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Dodge Neon Sedan SXT 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I love my Neon and it's not just for teenagers......I'm 37 and I love driving my car and so do my teenagers. It's for grown ups too.