Used 2004 Dodge Neon Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Dodge Neon Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Neon model:

Homer
By Davjohn

2004 Dodge Neon Sedan SXT 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

Very fun to drive. Good controls layout and excellent stereo.

Stereo and dashboard layout Color-Blue

Engine is too noisy at idel and fuel mileage is low for a car of this size

A Good Buy
By neonsoxt

2004 Dodge Neon Sedan SXT 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car brand new off the lot in April 2004. The features are great for the MSRP, including a great stereo, ice cold air, and power windows up front. While the rear windows are crank, it's not a big deal because they're easy to roll down with only a few cranks. The build materials seem pretty durable and tight so far as I have put about 4500 miles on it and there hasn't been one rattle or squeek. The suspension seems like a good comprimise between a touring ride and good handling. The engine can be what some would consider choppy at idle, but it has a nice sound and a great sweet spot right around 4000 RPM.

Nice styling, 6-speaker CD Stereo, great climate features (AC and Heat both move air nicely into the cabin), gutsy motor, very stable-feeling ride, and the best damn wipers I've ever had.

None major.

Sporty Fun
By Kuzza

2004 Dodge Neon Sedan SXT 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

Always loved Dodge cars. Previously owned the last 1999 2 door Neon Coupe with very standard features, but I liked it. My new 2004 Neon SXT Sedan is definitley a step up and found vast improvements, especially with audio & smoother ride. Very stylish with fog lamps and rear spoiler. Enjoy driving this vehicle very much. Trying to learn the CD controls is a bit of a challenge. The best feature is the smooth braking. Money-wise, it was a good deal, especially if you can get rebats like I did ($3500), plus with a trade-in, the final cost was lower than what I paid for my 1999 Neon brand new. I can't complain, I love this car.

Brakes, audio is fantastic, easy steering (especially corners),keyless entry, outside styling w/honey comb grill, large trunk & comfotable seat belts.

CD functions/control could be better. Storage bin between seats should be bigger. Digital clock/radio/CD readings could be larger.

fun compact
By strack350

2004 Dodge Neon Sedan SXT 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

dodge has taken a good car and made it better. The second generation neon is not as performance minded as the first, but it is far more comforatable to drive, and is far more refined.

4 doors, sunroof, cabin layout, and its proven 2.0 engine.

more power, better aftermarket support from mopar

GREAT LITTLE NEON SXT
By Sharon S

2004 Dodge Neon Sedan SXT 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I have had my car about 2 months now.I like it very much. Quite alot of room inside so you dont feel cramped. The trunk also has alot of room. The ride is pretty smooth. Seems to handle well in rain. Havent tried snow yet. Im very happy with it and think I made a good choice.

Doors automatically lock at 15 mph. The interior cloth seats are very nice and comfortable. Plenty of leg room.Easy to get in and out of.

Gas milage