2004 Dodge Neon Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Neon model:
It's been wonderful
By Terry on 07/07/08 19:39 PM (PDT)

2004 Dodge Neon Sedan R/T 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

It's been almost four years and, other than gas and oil, the car has cost me a set of tires, spark plugs, and a battery. I couldn't be happier. Zero quality problems. I've got just over 59,000 miles and it still runs like new. Dollar for dollar, this may be the best car sold in the U.S. in 2004.

sporty
By streetdown on 07/27/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Dodge Neon Sedan R/T 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

great power fun to drive

Disappointed
By swtmomma on 07/14/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Dodge Neon Sedan R/T 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

We have had the car 10 months. In the last 2 months we have had the car back to the dealer because of airconditioning or transmission problems. They are uncertain and have had to bring in a chrysler specialist to help find the problem. This is the 3rd trip back, total days w/o car 15days. When the airconditioner is on the car seems to continuosley hesitate and jerk as if the car is gonna die out. We are afraid to drive anywhere long distance. Cute car, fun to drive, disappointing outcome.

very cool
By william trujillo on 05/13/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Dodge Neon Sedan R/T 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

really cool car; fast too.

curvechasing
By richard noggin on 03/10/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Dodge Neon Sedan R/T 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

after getting a new rt neon and changing the stock factory junk brakes the car handles fairly well,for cornering and countersteering the suspension is the same as the older neon acer's after 10k miles of hard driving and 2 sets of front tires it still handles and feels like new.next car will be the srt4,this was just a wait for one to come down closer to 20

This is the best!!!
By Kcarneiro on 03/09/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Dodge Neon Sedan R/T 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I have only had my car about for abouut 2 1/2 weeks and I love it! It looks, good runs good, and great on gas. What else could you ask for!! The radio sounds awsome.

I wouldn't believe a Neon......
By Scott Williams on 02/09/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Dodge Neon Sedan R/T 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This is a really fun car to drive and handles extremely well for the price. And yes, the sound system is fantastic. It accelerates very well and is great in turns and twisting roads. The gas mileage is more than adequate, and it's very roomy inside. My kids think there is more than enough elbow room. I would recommend this car to anyone. You won't regret buying the R/T model.

A Sleeper, the R/T is Great
By maxbob on 01/11/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Dodge Neon Sedan R/T 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This car has a great suspension, tires, brakes, handling, design, and stereo. Just good are seats (cloth), instuments, controls, finish. NOTHING is bad on this car. A best buy at discounted prices, made in America, and adding two things: a front tower sway bar and a replacement K&N air filter adds perfection to performance for less than $100. A great car!

I Love this Car!
By Jaxzon on 11/08/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Dodge Neon Sedan R/T 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Just finished putting the first 300 miles on the RT. It is one of the best handling cars I've driven. The suspension is tight. The steering is firm. I got all the bells & whistles on this baby and it rocks. I would have purchased the SRT-4 if only they were available in my area. I would love the 230 HP (Mustang killer) under the hood on a 2700 LB body. The RT's only got 150 HP, but with all the aftermarket out there, man I can't wait 'til I save up for some performance parts.

More than I expected
By Skipp on 10/16/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Dodge Neon Sedan R/T 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This is probably the best decision I have ever made regarding a new car. When I first drove it, I noticed the car had a kind of "let's go" personalty. Very eager to accelerate. This has only gotten better with 9500 miles under it's belt. The handling is very responsive and the ride is firm but not harsh. My particular car has a nice Black Leather interior that surprises my friends with it's luxurious look and feel. The 6-Disc Changer in the dash is a cool setup that sounds great. And the new looks definately got my attention. If you are in the market for a great little fun to drive car this is it!