2004 Dodge Neon R/T Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Dodge Neon - Consumer Reviews

2004 Neon Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Neon model:

Sort Reviews by

It's been wonderful
By Terry

2004 Dodge Neon Sedan R/T 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

It's been almost four years and, other than gas and oil, the car has cost me a set of tires, spark plugs, and a battery. I couldn't be happier. Zero quality problems. I've got just over 59,000 miles and it still runs like new. Dollar for dollar, this may be the best car sold in the U.S. in 2004.

Favorite Features

Handling

Suggested Improvements

Put it back into production!

sporty
By streetdown

2004 Dodge Neon Sedan R/T 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

great power fun to drive

Disappointed
By swtmomma

2004 Dodge Neon Sedan R/T 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

We have had the car 10 months. In the last 2 months we have had the car back to the dealer because of airconditioning or transmission problems. They are uncertain and have had to bring in a chrysler specialist to help find the problem. This is the 3rd trip back, total days w/o car 15days. When the airconditioner is on the car seems to continuosley hesitate and jerk as if the car is gonna die out. We are afraid to drive anywhere long distance. Cute car, fun to drive, disappointing outcome.

Favorite Features

Stereo and speed

Suggested Improvements

a little more room in the back seat, and fix my problem please!

very cool
By william trujillo

2004 Dodge Neon Sedan R/T 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

really cool car; fast too.

Favorite Features

5-speed transmition

Suggested Improvements

turbo kits

curvechasing
By richard noggin

2004 Dodge Neon Sedan R/T 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

after getting a new rt neon and changing the stock factory junk brakes the car handles fairly well,for cornering and countersteering the suspension is the same as the older neon acer's after 10k miles of hard driving and 2 sets of front tires it still handles and feels like new.next car will be the srt4,this was just a wait for one to come down closer to 20

Favorite Features

handling and looks

Suggested Improvements

better brake from factory and little less road noise

This is the best!!!
By Kcarneiro

2004 Dodge Neon Sedan R/T 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I have only had my car about for abouut 2 1/2 weeks and I love it! It looks, good runs good, and great on gas. What else could you ask for!! The radio sounds awsome.

Favorite Features

the way the car looks and the stereo.

Suggested Improvements

none

I wouldn't believe a Neon......
By Scott Williams

2004 Dodge Neon Sedan R/T 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This is a really fun car to drive and handles extremely well for the price. And yes, the sound system is fantastic. It accelerates very well and is great in turns and twisting roads. The gas mileage is more than adequate, and it's very roomy inside. My kids think there is more than enough elbow room. I would recommend this car to anyone. You won't regret buying the R/T model.

Favorite Features

the sound system and the handling, it drives like a sports car.

Suggested Improvements

No power windows in the back, bummer !

A Sleeper, the R/T is Great
By maxbob

2004 Dodge Neon Sedan R/T 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This car has a great suspension, tires, brakes, handling, design, and stereo. Just good are seats (cloth), instuments, controls, finish. NOTHING is bad on this car. A best buy at discounted prices, made in America, and adding two things: a front tower sway bar and a replacement K&N air filter adds perfection to performance for less than $100. A great car!

Favorite Features

Stereo and passenger cabin matched; rocks! Corners 90% as well as my last car, a tweaked Miata!

Suggested Improvements

NONE, for the price, this is heaven!

I Love this Car!
By Jaxzon

2004 Dodge Neon Sedan R/T 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Just finished putting the first 300 miles on the RT. It is one of the best handling cars I've driven. The suspension is tight. The steering is firm. I got all the bells & whistles on this baby and it rocks. I would have purchased the SRT-4 if only they were available in my area. I would love the 230 HP (Mustang killer) under the hood on a 2700 LB body. The RT's only got 150 HP, but with all the aftermarket out there, man I can't wait 'til I save up for some performance parts.

Favorite Features

Smooth gears shifting (5 speed/OD). Peppy response. Great handling.

Suggested Improvements

How about 35 extra horses w/o a turbo on a 6 speed/OD?

More than I expected
By Skipp

2004 Dodge Neon Sedan R/T 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This is probably the best decision I have ever made regarding a new car. When I first drove it, I noticed the car had a kind of "let's go" personalty. Very eager to accelerate. This has only gotten better with 9500 miles under it's belt. The handling is very responsive and the ride is firm but not harsh. My particular car has a nice Black Leather interior that surprises my friends with it's luxurious look and feel. The 6-Disc Changer in the dash is a cool setup that sounds great. And the new looks definately got my attention. If you are in the market for a great little fun to drive car this is it!

Favorite Features

Favorite is the drivetrain. Smooth clutch, great pickup and a growl under wide open throttle that just sounds sporty.

Suggested Improvements

Power rear windows would be nice, and ho about a softer center console cover. My dealer installed a leather one from a 2001 Neon and it is much nicer than the hard plastic the car came with.