Used 2004 Dodge Neon SXT Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Dodge Neon Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Neon model:

Lasts forever
By 5speedmanual3

2004 Dodge Neon Sedan SXT 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Totaled my first 03 Sxt with 240,000 miles on it but I bet she could have gone way longer. Then bought an 04 R/T with 100,000 on it for a great price it now has 136000 and I love it, I don't babg this thing either its seen many track days and the shifts are still great love the car And I get about 30 mog city and almost 40 highway

The manual trans.

Cupholder for rear seats

Has a Weak Link
By Discusted

2004 Dodge Neon Sedan SXT 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

My wife's 04 SXT still has under 70,000 miles on it. Recently, the radiator blew. This sent transmission fluid into the engine, and coolant into the transmission. New radiator install, $350. Tranny rebuild $1,800. The transmission shop said, "We see this all the time." Dodge counts on you being a foolish American consumer, wrapped up in keeping up with the Jones'. My 92 Toyota Tercel with 170,000 miles on it is not a chick magnet but when a lady wants to go out for the night, rest assured I can get her there. Shame on you Dodge, I am sure this is only the start of Neon failures.

That it's not mine.

Stay away from these cheap entry level crapmobiles, unless you think toilet paper is a long term investment.

best first car i could have hoped for
By mpickett

2004 Dodge Neon Sedan SXT 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

i bought my neon used from the original owner. i've had it for about 7 months now. this is also my first car that i bought myself. after spending two months looking for the right car, one that was cheap and good quality, i found that i made a great dicision. the guy i bought the car from took great care of it and so it still looks fantastic, and runs very well too. i like only having to spend 25 dollars for a gas fill up too. and the sound system is terrific with sub woofers and an amp in the trunk. plus, it attracts a lot of people's attention with the spoiler and ground effects. overall, i think i made a great choice with a car that im sure will last me a very long time.

neon lights underneath, sound system, great acceleration with cool air intake

too light and it makes me uneasy driving fast over a bridge because i can feel myself losing a little control of the car as wind hits it

Great Car for little over 10K
By Robert

2004 Dodge Neon Sedan SXT 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Went from old 91 honda Civic to this. Wasn't sure about the car. But few friends had one so I gave it a try. Now I am still driving it with 145,000 miles on it. All I have had to do was scheduled maintenance and has been great. To me there is nothing wrong with the American Cars. They just got a bad rep and is hard to shake. I wish they still made the Neon would get a new one over the caliber.

Very easy to drive and maintain. Like the spark plugs are right on time. Can change plugs and wires in less then 20 mins.

Put automatic windows in rear.

Not a bad car for the buck
By Michael

2004 Dodge Neon Sedan SXT 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car used a little over two years ago this month and I was well pleased with it. I fell for the style and the color of it. Mine is electric blue with a spoiler. A couple of things I don't like are that the car is very harsh over bumps and over exaggerates on any kind of road its on. I've had to change the transmission at 75,000 miles which I was upset about. The interior is ok but I feel like Dodge could of taken it a little further than just cheap hard plastic. I like the seats in the neon as well however I can't stand that everything stains the seats (even water). Back seats sit 4 comfortably even 6,0 guys like me, the fronts seats are cramped. The car overall is a good buy

Factory stereo is great! good legroom in the back... big trunk (for small car) great handling car... with gas prices at $2, only cost 20 or less to fill up...

Needs to ride nicer. Needs an interior overhaul. needs like at least 20 more horse power. more legroom in the front. needs automatic windows on all four windows and not just the front two. and last but not least, needs seats that don't stain so easily!