Used 2004 Dodge Neon SXT Sedan Consumer Reviews - 40 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Dodge Neon Sedan - Consumer Reviews

2004 Dodge Neon Sedan

View reviews for a specific Neon model:

Been Amazing for the 8 years I have had this car.
By Amanda

2004 Dodge Neon Sedan SXT 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car used back in 2008, with about 33k miles on it. Now it is 2016 and only at 119k. Was mostly for college and getting to all my jobs during that time. Now I am out of college, with a good paying job, and I could buy a new or used car that is up to date and shiny, but the Neon is still going. I have never had to repair a single thing motor/engine wise except for the timing belt (obvious maintenance) which I made sure to do around 90k or a little earlier (not sure exactly when). My car has even been hit by drunk drivers and many idiots and yet still holds strong after body repair.

The only issues I have had was the sunroof and leaking. It went off the track and broke. Instead of getting it fixed, I just had a body shop place the roof back in and remove the fuse that allowed it to open and close. It leaks around the sunroof, and weirdly around the passenger side area where the feet go. I think its just blocked up and moves into the floor.

Besides its lack of physical beauty at this age in the game, it has done me very well and I will drive this car until the wheels fall off. :}

Lasts forever
By 5speedmanual3

2004 Dodge Neon Sedan SXT 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Totaled my first 03 Sxt with 240,000 miles on it but I bet she could have gone way longer. Then bought an 04 R/T with 100,000 on it for a great price it now has 136000 and I love it, I don't babg this thing either its seen many track days and the shifts are still great love the car
And I get about 30 mog city and almost 40 highway

The manual trans.

Cupholder for rear seats

Has a Weak Link
By Discusted

2004 Dodge Neon Sedan SXT 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

My wife's 04 SXT still has under 70,000 miles on it. Recently, the radiator blew. This sent transmission fluid into the engine, and coolant into the transmission. New radiator install, $350. Tranny rebuild $1,800. The transmission shop said, "We see this all the time." Dodge counts on you being a foolish American consumer, wrapped up in keeping up with the Jones'. My 92 Toyota Tercel with 170,000 miles on it is not a chick magnet but when a lady wants to go out for the night, rest assured I can get her there. Shame on you Dodge, I am sure this is only the start of Neon failures.

That it's not mine.

Stay away from these cheap entry level crapmobiles, unless you think toilet paper is a long term investment.

best first car i could have hoped for
By mpickett

2004 Dodge Neon Sedan SXT 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

i bought my neon used from the original owner. i've had it for about 7 months now. this is also my first car that i bought myself. after spending two months looking for the right car, one that was cheap and good quality, i found that i made a great dicision. the guy i bought the car from took great care of it and so it still looks fantastic, and runs very well too. i like only having to spend 25 dollars for a gas fill up too. and the sound system is terrific with sub woofers and an amp in the trunk. plus, it attracts a lot of people's attention with the spoiler and ground effects. overall, i think i made a great choice with a car that im sure will last me a very long time.

neon lights underneath, sound system, great acceleration with cool air intake

too light and it makes me uneasy driving fast over a bridge because i can feel myself losing a little control of the car as wind hits it

Great Car for little over 10K
By Robert

2004 Dodge Neon Sedan SXT 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Went from old 91 honda Civic to this. Wasn't sure about the car. But few friends had one so I gave it a try. Now I am still driving it with 145,000 miles on it. All I have had to do was scheduled maintenance and has been great. To me there is nothing wrong with the American Cars. They just got a bad rep and is hard to shake. I wish they still made the Neon would get a new one over the caliber.

Very easy to drive and maintain. Like the spark plugs are right on time. Can change plugs and wires in less then 20 mins.

Put automatic windows in rear.