2004 Dodge Neon Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Neon model:
Surprisingly reliable
By just me on 01/15/09 09:18 AM (PST)

2004 Dodge Neon Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

My husband bought this car new before we met. Personally, I wouldn't have figured a Dodge to be all that reliable. But he looked pretty hot in his black sporty car. So I married him! (just kidding, mostly) I'm pleased to say this car has been extremely reliable. No major mechanical work - maintenance costs only. The 6 CD changer died after only a couple of years. The hook securing the driver side sun visor broke. We started to get uncomfortable in this car with the arrival of our daughter. Exercise stroller doesn't fit in the trunk. Hard to get baby in and out - have bumped her head countless times. Three adults and a baby is almost excruciating for the adult in the back.

Econo Dodge
By Sheena on 04/24/08 12:27 PM (PDT)

2004 Dodge Neon Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I had a wonderful bright red neon. Unfortunately I got in an accident (not my fault) a couple weeks ago and due to the low value of the car the small damage to it totaled the car. Although, my car was hit and it spun a 180 and ran into a curb and all I've got is a bruise on my leg. Pretty good I'd say. If you're a safe driver and you want something reliable and cute with great mpg, get a neon (especially if you're a bit low on cash). I only had the base model and it was a great little car.

Not ever again
By Misery on 05/04/05 15:18 PM (PDT)

2004 Dodge Neon Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my Neon brand new with only 10 miles on it. I wanted a safe car for my family. I have a infant. The car rode great. All the ammenities were great. A little small when traveling, but overall it's good. Six months after owning my car I got into a little "finder bender" or at least I thought it was little. I hit a Camry from behind, scratched their bumper and totalled my car. YES TOTALLED!! These cars are not very safe. I wasn't even going over 20 mph. I am just lucky that my son nor I were hurt. I would never buy a Neon again.

Good for the money... I guess
By DarkPoter on 04/04/05 22:58 PM (PDT)

2004 Dodge Neon Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I got the car 2 years ago because I needed something more reliable to drive to work. It has done a fair job for much, much less then a Mazda.

Ooomph says it all
By Rhiannon on 07/18/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Dodge Neon Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Great lil stylish car that just happens to have a lil oomph. With the overdrive you feel as though you should be in a higher gear than what you really need to be. But it's great once you get use to it. But then again I say that about all manual transmissions.

prefer it to my 87 celica gt
By demrdi on 06/05/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Dodge Neon Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I consider the Neon to be among the most under-rated cars on the road. It's faster and handles better than the poor man's Porsche that I drove from '90- '93, and has gotten me up many a steep slipery slope in winter. It's the second one I've owned, the first was a '96 and very satisfactory, and this '03 is better in every way.

2004 Neon
By sdimig on 12/09/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Dodge Neon Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Great car. I owned an original Neon and got 165K miles and 10 years of good service out of it. I walked out of the dealer with this one for $13,040 including tax and tags. Did I mention there is a $2500 rebate? The imports (Honda and Toyota) are overrated and overpriced in my opinion. Both the Ford Focus and the Neon are very nice cars for a low price.

Performance & good gas mileage
By jrjcloud on 12/03/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Dodge Neon Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

When driven at 70 on level ground, I have gotten 48 mpg. It has plenty of power when I want it. Best shift points for performance are 30, 55, 85, 115. It would easily do 120 in 4th, but no tachometer. Don't want to over-rev.

I love my neon
By Whine on 12/02/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Dodge Neon Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

It's a lot of car for a little cost. It is more than worth the price. It handles wonderfully on curves and wet roads. Plus, you look great driving it!

Surprisingly good car
By Davert on 11/13/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Dodge Neon Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Have heard so many bad things I can't believe I drive the same car people talk about. I have a 1995 too and it's been pretty reliable and lots of fun.