2004 Dodge Neon Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Neon model:
good at times.. horrible at times
By jay9544 on 10/15/13 10:31 AM (PDT)

2004 Dodge Neon Sedan SXT 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

i got this car with 95,000 miles and now have 132,000 thats it for now i dont plant on driving it anymore. The ECU is done.. I dont think its worth the money to fix this car. I have already replaced the transmission and the cam shaft sensor. I have changed the oil and filter religiously since i have gotten it. I just bought some new tires as well. In the end the car is decent looking for its size and pretty comfortable for a big guy like me even. But it is horrible quality and uses horrible parts.

So far so good!
By aaronrdavis on 05/31/13 16:43 PM (PDT)

2004 Dodge Neon Sedan SXT 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

Had this baby for little over 2 years and I love it, not sure what most people are complaint about if you keep up with normal maintenance it should be fine in my two years of owning it I've put almost 30,000 miles on it and haven't had a thing go wrong with it except changing the battery. Great car to start with as long as its an 02 or newer neon. I'll agree with the others, I wish they kept making it I would buy another one :)

Neon not safe
By drummer69 on 04/26/13 23:05 PM (PDT)

2004 Dodge Neon Sedan SXT 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I keep hearing about the Dodeg Neon that it's a fun, safe little car. Well, I'm here to tell you that's it's not. Anyone who thinks that this car is safe, needs to listen to me. My girlfriend was driving a Neon when she was T boned hit broadside on the passanger side when she was driving, and she was killed instantly. The car crumbled up like a tin car. The biggest piece of crap that was ever made. The unsafest car ever made, period!

Great first car, but do your research.
By wneville on 03/07/13 14:22 PM (PST)

2004 Dodge Neon Sedan SXT 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I bought a 2004 Dodge Neon SXT in March of 2011 while I was living down in Georgia, and the car had a little over 90,000 miles on it. The gas mileage was great, as it averaged about 28 miles per gallon on the city and about 35 miles on the highway. It served its purpose, as it was not only a commuter car, but I drove it 2000 miles back to Montana comfortably, with no problems. The car never burned oil. My underlying problems, however, was that I had to replace the motor mounts, and the check oil light came on soon after I bought the car. I also had to change the alignment twice. This is all before 100,000 miles. The suspension wasn't great, as it felt it was metal on metal at times.

Ebay Buy
By mopar5711 on 01/10/12 16:06 PM (PST)

2004 Dodge Neon Sedan SXT 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I bought my Neon from the original owner thru Ebay in 2005 paid $8400.00 - drove it from Phoenix AZ to Dallas , Tx. it had 18K original miles. As of today 01/10/2012 it has 74K - repairs consist of new wheel cylinders and brakes front and rear and a crank sensor. I put a K&N air filter in it and have had the transmission and coolant serviced on the factory schedule. I use Pirelli tires and I always run middle grade gas. Most of the miles are hiway @ 34-36 mpg. It handles like a small Porsche and has plenty of zip. My only complaint is the seating - not terribly comfortable. It has been a truly wonderful car and an excellent investment.

Great Car !!!
By debby_robinson on 12/29/11 17:54 PM (PST)

2004 Dodge Neon Sedan SXT 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I purchased my 2004 Dodge Neon new and now have over 210,000 miles. The only maintenance other than routine, has been the replacement of ball joints and the sway bar link and bushings. If they still made this car I would buy it all over again.

Decent at first
By threemopars on 04/23/11 11:51 AM (PDT)

2004 Dodge Neon Sedan SXT 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

Decent little car at first but now with 60K miles on it, it's becoming a nightmare. We've had to replace (under extended warranty): Radiator (it blew mixing trans fluid and coolant together), transmission, 2 transmission solenoid packs, lower control arm bushings, radio, motor mount, coil pack, fuel pump, rear wheel cylinders and now something is clunking and popping in the front end....again.

Great! but do not buy it, please read.
By diego_cid on 04/06/11 14:12 PM (PDT)

2004 Dodge Neon Sedan SXT 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

the car was great, until 100K miles. It first started as slightly rough idle, and then it got worse. I had it check and it was determined that a valve was leaking and therefore it would misfire. It failed the wet compression test and the computer code backed the mechanic's claim. Miss fire cylinder # 2. The repairs would cost me 1.5K on a 3K car, it was not worth it so I traded the car still owning like 2K, I got 800 for it in the trade it since it was broken, the check engine light would flash during idle so there was no hiding it. The car was fun to drive and very very practical, gas mileage was about 28 hwy and 23 city. It could be a lot better for an engine that small.

It's been fun
By poor thing on 11/16/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Dodge Neon Sedan SXT 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

My family bought this car brand new. We haven't had any problems with it until just recently. At 60,000 miles, the radiator broke. I want to get it fixed, but the mechanic doesn't guarantee that only the radiator is broken. Can't completely blame dodge for the break down, probably just a lack in regular service. Overall, it's a good little car. it's a shame to see it go this way.

I had a wreck in Neon
By Joshua Vaughn on 11/14/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Dodge Neon Sedan SXT 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I was rear ended on the highway by a truck that was doing around 55 mph and I came out without a scratch the car body performed wonderful, it totaled the car but I was unhurt I was very impressed.