Used 2004 Dodge Neon SE Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Dodge Neon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Neon model:

Surprisingly reliable
By just me

2004 Dodge Neon SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

My husband bought this car new before we met. Personally, I wouldn't have figured a Dodge to be all that reliable. But he looked pretty hot in his black sporty car. So I married him! (just kidding, mostly) I'm pleased to say this car has been extremely reliable. No major mechanical work - maintenance costs only. The 6 CD changer died after only a couple of years. The hook securing the driver side sun visor broke. We started to get uncomfortable in this car with the arrival of our daughter. Exercise stroller doesn't fit in the trunk. Hard to get baby in and out - have bumped her head countless times. Three adults and a baby is almost excruciating for the adult in the back.

Econo Dodge
By Sheena

2004 Dodge Neon SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I had a wonderful bright red neon. Unfortunately I got in an accident (not my fault) a couple weeks ago and due to the low value of the car the small damage to it totaled the car. Although, my car was hit and it spun a 180 and ran into a curb and all I've got is a bruise on my leg. Pretty good I'd say. If you're a safe driver and you want something reliable and cute with great mpg, get a neon (especially if you're a bit low on cash). I only had the base model and it was a great little car.

speed and handling, mpg, snazzy design, reliable.

kinda loud inside (especially on frway), value depreciates real quick.

Not ever again
By Misery

2004 Dodge Neon SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my Neon brand new with only 10 miles on it. I wanted a safe car for my family. I have a infant. The car rode great. All the ammenities were great. A little small when traveling, but overall it's good. Six months after owning my car I got into a little "finder bender" or at least I thought it was little. I hit a Camry from behind, scratched their bumper and totalled my car. YES TOTALLED!! These cars are not very safe. I wasn't even going over 20 mph. I am just lucky that my son nor I were hurt. I would never buy a Neon again.

Sound system was awesome.

Make this car stronger before someone gets killed in a minor accident.

Good for the money... I guess
By DarkPoter

2004 Dodge Neon SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I got the car 2 years ago because I needed something more reliable to drive to work. It has done a fair job for much, much less then a Mazda.

Its a quite good looking car, is much more stable on the highway then the older model. Seems more durable then my 95 was.

I should'nt have to change my spark plugs every 9000 miles to have a steady idle. It came with the worst tires I have ever owned, by far. Base model should come with a trunk lever, I would prefer that to the second mirror. TILT STEERING!!!

Ooomph says it all
By Rhiannon

2004 Dodge Neon SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Great lil stylish car that just happens to have a lil oomph. With the overdrive you feel as though you should be in a higher gear than what you really need to be. But it's great once you get use to it. But then again I say that about all manual transmissions.

Great factory stereo. Lots of places to put things.

Pockets behind the seats for maps and such items. A larger glove box wouldn't hurt.