2003 Dodge Neon Consumer Review: Better every year

2003 Dodge Neon Sedan - Consumer Review

Better every year
By Dave on

2003 Dodge Neon SXT 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This is my 3rd Neon. Previously owned was a '95 sedan and '97 coupe. My excellent owner's experience with them in the past prompted me to buy this '03 SXT and I'm glad I did. For 38,000+ miles it's been near flawless. The only problems were the result of a minor accident and the subsequent improper repairs by the body shop which have since been corrected. The only option my car does not have is the engine block heater...seriously. The only option I required was ABS as it's a VAST improvement over the standard non-ABS brakes. I wish it had a 5 speed for a little better performance but the new 4 speed auto is decent and much improved over the old 3 speed. Overall, best car I've ever owned.

Interior room is at the top of the list. I'm 6'2" and even with the sunroof option, I fit just fine. Trunk room is great. Ease of routine maintanence and how the car responds to performance mods is definitely a plus.

Engine vibration is still a minor issue with these things. It's not in the league of the older Saturn SL series...but it's close. Paint could be a bit more durable. More horsepower is always nice.