2003 Dodge Neon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Neon model:
It would be nice IF
By sandyscats on 08/09/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Dodge Neon SXT 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This car with a manual transmission cannot pass a gas station without stopping for a drink.When I first drove it my gas milage was 16 MPG a far cry from the sticker that claims 39 highway & 30 city.By shifting so that I'm driving in 4th gear at 30 miles an hour.I finally got 30 MPG but half was highway in 5th gear & I can Hear the transmission complain. The dealership claims that car is within specs and there is no fix. The key has a computer chip in it so that I cannot make an under $80 duplicate & carry it in my wallet. The radio antenna does not telescope into the car pillar making likely to break off,city reception is poor.

SRT-4 = Compact muscle
By halfhemi on 07/13/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Dodge Neon SRT-4 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

This car performs better than many cars that cost much more. It may have the shell of the Neon econobox rental, but it's a totally different animal under the hood. Do not buy one of these cars unless you want to feel some g-force while under full throttle. They are true performance vehicles. I've had 0 problems with this car. I'm still amazed after 1-1/2 years of ownership :wink:

easy to love
By Anthony_Neo1 on 06/11/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Dodge Neon SXT 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

No problems at all as of yet. Very easy to maintain. Decent size for me and the boys.

noisy brakes
By froggie on 05/23/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Dodge Neon SXT 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Great car....just can't understand why the brakes are soooo noisy...sometimes it's very embarressing to pull up to stop sign or red light...took back to dealer many times and they said this is normal..............

Fast!
By FastAttack on 04/26/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Dodge Neon SRT-4 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

This car has to be one of the best cars dodge has ever produced.. High performance and a reliable car as well. I've had the car for about 1 year now.. and I've had 0 problems. Very easy to mod and it has great factory support.. can't beat a 19,999 pocket rocket!

My Neon
By alpineuser01 on 04/12/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Dodge Neon SXT 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I am very satisified with my Neon. It gets the milage the dealership said it would. It's handling in the curves is top notch. Though it may be a compact, the interior is laid out nicely. The wife and I are very pleased, sometimes extatic about this lovely car. Dodge has done it again, with a quality product. If you are looking for a car to run around in that is fun to drive and looks good also, I suggest that you try a Dodge Neon on for size. Sincerely Yours,jcpecany@msn.com

srt-4
By Boosty on 04/06/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Dodge Neon SRT-4 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

Best bang for the buck...literally.

Va-Voom!
By Dick Bert 10 on 03/22/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Dodge Neon R/T 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Bought a new Neon R/T with all the toys from a delaer for $13,500. While it may be 2 years old in a few months, it's still a new car to me since I keep one for about 5-6 years anyway. The '03 has more legroom and creature comforts than my old '98 did. The magnum engine has as much h.p. as the old 2.0 DOHC, but sounds quieter under load. The 4-wheel discs stop it quite well. The 5-speed makes this pocket rocket a blast to drive and the Goodyear P195/50R16's make it grab in the corners. I'll be upgrading the tires to Bridgestone's as soon as I wear the OEM Goodyear's out. All in all, I am very pleased with the Neon R/T.

4 Door Viper & A Daily Driver!
By SRT-4-Life on 03/09/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Dodge Neon SRT-4 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

My first "10 minute drive to the park"...took 4 minutes! I tapped the gas & the turbo smoothly launched this black beauty to hyper-space. Two cop cars did U-turns...just to get a closer look at it & my license plate. Want to reverse a bulging disc in your lower back? Four "snicks" thru the gears with a twitchy right foot & the appropriate amount of turbo boost... should do it! Awesome!!!!!

my car sucks
By thegame76 on 03/02/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Dodge Neon SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

i have had it it the shop 7 or 8 timess still something wrong......tranmission problems, and rubbing engine noise