Used 2003 Dodge Neon Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Dodge Neon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Neon model:

Neon
By larry s.

2003 Dodge Neon Sedan SXT 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Performance is great with 5 speed manual tranny. Car is a looker. MPG is acceptable (getting 30 mpg overall). This ain't a Corvette, so saying performance is poor... bad logic! If you want racing speed, buy the Vette at $ 31,000 more! The car has a 7 yr, 70,000 warranty on the engine and tranny, so take it to the dealer under warranty, if you maintained it properly!? With cash back and lease incentives this car cost me $ 11,000 brand new! About six thousand less than a Honda Civic! Have 53,000 miles with only normal maintenance costs, plus $320 for new bushings in front suspension. Amazing how people buy a low sticker price car then expect BMW performance!

Favorite Features

Low sticker price with great performance, looks, CD sound, roomy. Never see all this stuff again in a car!

Suggested Improvements

Bigger gas tank, better front suspension (noise)... too late Neon is history...replaced by mini SUV?

Whiskey, Tango, Foxtrot
By Gary

2003 Dodge Neon Sedan SXT 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

My 2003 Dodge Neon, built to my specs and delivered to me early 2004 (less than 40k miles) has already experienced timing belt problems and a bad transmission. I only drive infrequently and I have the oil changed regularly and had my 30k tune-up done on schedule. It boggles the mind to see any vehicle crap out so quickly. The 2003 Dodge Neon is loud on the highway, gets poor gas mileage and a gutless engine. Initially I told myself this didn't matter as it looked nice, but after the engine/transmission problems started hitting home, I don't see how anybody can put a shine on this turd of a car.

A great car
By ChrisSt

2003 Dodge Neon Sedan SXT 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my Neon new in 03 and continue to use it as a daily driver. Don't be fooled by nay-sayers who want to project the first gen's problems on the second gen car. My car has been rock solid and reliable. It is as quiet today as it was when new, no squeaks or rattles. And it's a steal on the used car market.

Favorite Features

Design, reliability.

2003 Doge Neon SXT
By Rudy Sias

2003 Dodge Neon Sedan SXT 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This is just a fun car to drive. With the sunroof open and the windows down, this car is a very fun car. Gas mileage is good, and this is both a good commuter car and a roadtrip car. The trunk has plenty of room, as does the car interior. Car maintenance has been simple, with just routine oil changes providing and tire rotations meeting the cars needs.

Favorite Features

The appearance, the sunroof and the stock speakers. This car is a physically good looking car. The sunroof is large and almost gives you a convertible feel with the windows rolled down. The speakers (along with a non-stock stereo) provide great sounding music and more than descent bass.

Suggested Improvements

None.

Good Reliable Work Car
By Bob

2003 Dodge Neon Sedan SXT 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this Neon from a dealer that use it for a loaner. It has been a very fun car to drive and very reliable. I am on the third set of tires and had to replace both front end wheel bearings, brakes and rotors around 50,000 miles. I have over 75,000 miles and get great fuel economy, around 32 overal with 36 on the highway and 28-30 in town.

Favorite Features

Great sound system, handling, looks, fuel economy, performance and reliability.

Suggested Improvements

Since it is no longer in production, nothing!