2003 Dodge Neon Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Neon model:
Most under-rated car out there
By 71charger_fan on 09/18/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Dodge Neon Sedan SXT 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

13 months of flawless performance. No squeaks, no rattles. The only things replaced were the oil, oil filter, and wiper blades.

It would be nice IF
By sandyscats on 08/09/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Dodge Neon Sedan SXT 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This car with a manual transmission cannot pass a gas station without stopping for a drink.When I first drove it my gas milage was 16 MPG a far cry from the sticker that claims 39 highway & 30 city.By shifting so that I'm driving in 4th gear at 30 miles an hour.I finally got 30 MPG but half was highway in 5th gear & I can Hear the transmission complain. The dealership claims that car is within specs and there is no fix. The key has a computer chip in it so that I cannot make an under $80 duplicate & carry it in my wallet. The radio antenna does not telescope into the car pillar making likely to break off,city reception is poor.

easy to love
By Anthony_Neo1 on 06/11/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Dodge Neon Sedan SXT 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

No problems at all as of yet. Very easy to maintain. Decent size for me and the boys.

noisy brakes
By froggie on 05/23/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Dodge Neon Sedan SXT 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Great car....just can't understand why the brakes are soooo noisy...sometimes it's very embarressing to pull up to stop sign or red light...took back to dealer many times and they said this is normal..............

My Neon
By alpineuser01 on 04/12/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Dodge Neon Sedan SXT 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I am very satisified with my Neon. It gets the milage the dealership said it would. It's handling in the curves is top notch. Though it may be a compact, the interior is laid out nicely. The wife and I are very pleased, sometimes extatic about this lovely car. Dodge has done it again, with a quality product. If you are looking for a car to run around in that is fun to drive and looks good also, I suggest that you try a Dodge Neon on for size. Sincerely Yours,jcpecany@msn.com

Va-Voom!
By Dick Bert 10 on 03/22/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Dodge Neon Sedan R/T 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Bought a new Neon R/T with all the toys from a delaer for $13,500. While it may be 2 years old in a few months, it's still a new car to me since I keep one for about 5-6 years anyway. The '03 has more legroom and creature comforts than my old '98 did. The magnum engine has as much h.p. as the old 2.0 DOHC, but sounds quieter under load. The 4-wheel discs stop it quite well. The 5-speed makes this pocket rocket a blast to drive and the Goodyear P195/50R16's make it grab in the corners. I'll be upgrading the tires to Bridgestone's as soon as I wear the OEM Goodyear's out. All in all, I am very pleased with the Neon R/T.

my car sucks
By thegame76 on 03/02/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Dodge Neon Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

i have had it it the shop 7 or 8 timess still something wrong......tranmission problems, and rubbing engine noise

3rd Neon for me!
By Dick Bert on 02/25/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Dodge Neon Sedan R/T 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Bought my wife a 1998 neon with all the goodies, 5-sp, DOHC, moonroof, etc, and she's loved it. Couldn't talk her into trading for a Honda with a 6 cyclinder. Then it was totaled. We're now buying an '03 R/T with ALL the goodies for $14,500 drive-out, and she's excited. Leather, moonroof, etc. I put Bridgestone BT70S on her old Neon and it cornerd like it was on rails! Can't wait to slap Potenza's on this new car. Only problem I ever had with the '98 was the infamous headgasket, but it was fixed under warranty. Love to drive this car!

2003 neon
By Dwayne on 02/18/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Dodge Neon Sedan SXT 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

we purchased this car based on the fact that it was affordable, and with a four cylinder it would be good on gas. since we purchased it we have been very pleased with the realibility of the car.

2003 Dodge Neon SXT
By NoOneYouKnow on 01/17/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Dodge Neon Sedan SXT 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

A great overall car! I got mine at a great price because a friend works for Chrysler. Looks great, runs great, feels awesome! I get about 250 miles per tank, which is mostly city miles. I've had it since Sept. 2003, and so no problems whatsoever! The only thing I would EVER change is a bigger engine, but then it would kill the fuel economy, and bump up the already cheap price-tag.