Used 2003 Dodge Neon Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Dodge Neon - Consumer Reviews

2003 Dodge Neon Sedan

View reviews for a specific Neon model:

great car!
By AC

2003 Dodge Neon Sedan SXT 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This was my first brand new car! Bought it with 32 miles on it and have enjoyed it immensely. I had had a Honda Accord, followed by a minivan (3 boys) and I was ready for a fun car for myself again. I looked at Hondas but for the mileage I put on them, needed lots of room for many years of ownership. I have only done routine maintenance and tires (brakes done this year). It's small so my extra large husband doesn't like it at all but that is ok with me. I get 37 mpg on my road trips to visit family 500 miles away and around 30 in town. I need a better vehicle in snow, however, and am going to trade in for a small SUV. I'll miss the gas mileage, but this is NOT a snow car!

Favorite Features

Gas mileage; moon roof; stereo w 6-cd disc changer

Suggested Improvements

Gas tank is small; more stops at the station but not as spendy

Good car for me.
By Sami

2003 Dodge Neon Sedan SXT 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Bought new at the beginning of 2003, now have 110000 miles on it. Haven't had to much trouble with it in 6 years, had transmission replaced at 60002 miles under warranty, had to have steer rack replace six months ago since there was a loose passenger side tie rod(it was probably from hit a curb in a parking lot several years), and am currently have the alternator replaced. I'm not one to keep up with the maintenance schedule, fix it as it needs it. Most of the few other things that I have done are all normal things that wear out with mileage. Over all been very reliable, did have to have in towed a couple of weeks ago, one of the original rear brakes locked up, but it has been 110,000 miles.

Favorite Features

Gas mileage good and comfortable to drive.

I wish Chrysler still made them8-(
By jaidee22

2003 Dodge Neon Sedan SXT 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my 2003 Neon SXT in May 2003. I still drive it every day - it has been the BEST car I have ever had. Aside from normal maintainence, it owes me nothing. 132,000 and still going..LOVE my car. Still gets 33-35mpg, faithfully. And NO RUST. I wish they still made this car. I have been looking for another one and cannot find one...huuummm wonder why?? Because they are keepers, thats why!

Favorite Features

Was the only car in its class in its year that held my daughters car seat without the front seat against her legs...lots of room in the back seat. I use it as my "city truck" and have hauled lots of stuff most Neon owners would not. Like the head room, and the ergonomics of the interior design.

Suggested Improvements

Make it again...

I love this Car.....!
By beecoolbreeze

2003 Dodge Neon Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I have a 2003 SE with the 4 speed automatic even though I couldn't choose auto in the model type so I put manual and I love it. I bought it with 44,200 and It has 47,655 miles on it without any problems except oil change. The car is structurally and mechanically sound. No problems at all.

Favorite Features

Fuel economy, nimbleness, lightweight, looks like it has a smile.

Suggested Improvements

Wish the R/T 150 hp version came with an automatic.

Great lil car
By lil red

2003 Dodge Neon Sedan SXT 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Great little car could ask for a better quality car. I'm disappointed they stopped making them.

Favorite Features

everything!

Suggested Improvements

none