Used 2003 Dodge Neon Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Dodge Neon - Consumer Reviews

2003 Dodge Neon Sedan

View reviews for a specific Neon model:

Don't buy a dodge
By shawn

2003 Dodge Neon Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Had to replace both front wheel bearings at 34,000 74,000 and 100,000 miles. Thats right 3 times. Transmission and radiator at 90,000 pads and rotors 3 times and many check engine light problems

Favorite Features

gas mileage

Suggested Improvements

build a more reliable car

Bad Reviews?
By larry s.

2003 Dodge Neon Sedan SXT 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Can't understand the bad reviews on this car. The 5 speed manual is plenty quick; yet, some say performance ain't good? I get 30+ mpg on highway. Brand new the car cost me $11,000. Not many cars were cheaper in 2003 (except junk cars like a Yugo)! I have 58,000 mi. on it, highest cost item to repair was $320 for front end bushings. No new brakes, yet one post says brakes are poor? I also have a 98 Neon Sport with 73,000 (60% highway) on it, no new brakes yet!! With gas prices at $4+ a gallon, Dodge dumped the Neon for a mini SUV that's $7,000 more, lower mpg, boxy looking?? They're building very low mpg muscle cars and trucks that cost $1,000's more in gas a year?? Bring back the Neon!

Favorite Features

Low price, great mpg, cute

Suggested Improvements

Neon's been scrapped. Hope they build the concept car (Demon), which would be a competitor for Mazda Miata (small sport convertible), doubt it will happen cause Dodge love's BIG HEMI V- 8's that get 12mpg, go figure at sky high gas costs!!

Not the best of luck I guess
By KaylaG

2003 Dodge Neon Sedan SXT 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Wow. This car was great in the beginning. After about 40k miles it crapped out on me. Countless visits to the repair shop for my transmission, my engine lights always popping on, and new brakes about a million times, let me not forget the gas tank too little doesn't hold nothin! Oh and the darn thing has no oomph doesn't like to go! There's only a few things that I can actually say good about it. The sound systems great! And its cute.

Favorite Features

Sound system, and the look

Suggested Improvements

Bigger tank, transmission!!!!!!, just better quality!

Great lil car
By lil red

2003 Dodge Neon Sedan SXT 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Great little car could ask for a better quality car. I'm disappointed they stopped making them.

Favorite Features

everything!

Suggested Improvements

none

great car!
By AC

2003 Dodge Neon Sedan SXT 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This was my first brand new car! Bought it with 32 miles on it and have enjoyed it immensely. I had had a Honda Accord, followed by a minivan (3 boys) and I was ready for a fun car for myself again. I looked at Hondas but for the mileage I put on them, needed lots of room for many years of ownership. I have only done routine maintenance and tires (brakes done this year). It's small so my extra large husband doesn't like it at all but that is ok with me. I get 37 mpg on my road trips to visit family 500 miles away and around 30 in town. I need a better vehicle in snow, however, and am going to trade in for a small SUV. I'll miss the gas mileage, but this is NOT a snow car!

Favorite Features

Gas mileage; moon roof; stereo w 6-cd disc changer

Suggested Improvements

Gas tank is small; more stops at the station but not as spendy