2003 Dodge Neon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Neon model:
2003 SRT4
By SRTNJ on 09/01/05 01:42 AM (PDT)

2003 Dodge Neon SRT-4 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

The SRT4 is really fun to drive and by far the best bang for the buck in performance. Hands down. I have owned one for two years now and the car has performed beyond my expectations, leaving a long list of other "quick cars" in the dust. Just to name a few, I have embarrased drivers of Mustang GT's, Camaro V8's, WRX's, 350 Z's, G35's, Sentra SER's, and Audi TT's. Some of these cars put up a better fight than others. The SRT was even able to keep up with such hot rods as the Audi S4 (4.2L V8, 340 HP) and the new Mustang GT (V8, 300 HP). Some will doubt this, naturally, but it is true in my experience. However, the car is a hot rod and should be driven with care, especially in bad weather.

Transmission is pathetic
By larry price on 08/30/05 12:27 PM (PDT)

2003 Dodge Neon SXT 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Car handles well and has some pep at low speeds. Cruising on the interstate above 70 mph the car is very sluggish. The transmission has been worked on two times and the dealer service was pitifull (one dealer FORGOT to put in transmission fluid)

SRT4 = Bang for your Buck!!
By ATCDUDE on 05/18/05 21:39 PM (PDT)

2003 Dodge Neon SRT-4 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I was sceptical at first, being a previous Subaru owner. But, I purchased this car upon first release in Florida April 2003. This is by far the best "Bang for your Buck" of any car I can think of in terms of what you get in performance. I only have 9,200 miles in two years of ownership and smile everytime I step into the cockpit of this little rocket. Gas mileage is impecable considering the level of performance in this class. When easy commutting or long distance traveling, I ger 23 mpg city and 27 mpg highway. Of course with a heavy foot, these numbers decrease significantly. I highly recommend the SRT4 to anyone looking for sports car performance package on a budget.

Cute, but some problems
By Sportster on 05/12/05 02:42 AM (PDT)

2003 Dodge Neon SXT 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I've had this car almost 2 years now. I have the Solar Yellow with a manual transmission. I bought it at the time with being a affordable car with a $3000 rebate. The car is cute, and is comfy for the long trips. I don't get near what the sticker said on gas mileage. The car has a 10 gallon tank, and I'm getting on 250 miles to tank of fuel. I'm not happy with that aspect of the car. I'm having paint problems on the body where the door closes, being worn off by the door's rubber seal on both sides. Dealership trying to give me run around saying it normal for Dodge. Whatever... I love the car, but worried it will have problems when warranty wears out. I only have 10,500 miles on this car.

2003 Neon SE
By Nicki on 04/29/05 19:28 PM (PDT)

2003 Dodge Neon SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my car used in October of 2003 and it has had no problems. It runs smoothly & has a slightly gutsy sound when you accelerate...like a mini- muscle car. It's a great car for commuting to work, school, or just for a day around town. The only downfall with this particular model, the SE, is the little perks between the SE and the SXT. The engine and everything is the same EXCEPT for power windows/locks, paint-colored body trim mouldings, trunk release & trunk lighting. If you have the extra $2-3k, but don't want anything too expensive, go for the SXT. Either one is a good car to own.

LOVE IT!
By Eric Waterhouse on 04/22/05 21:58 PM (PDT)

2003 Dodge Neon SXT 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

After purchase, I dropped it 2 inches and put on rims, intake, and exhaust. I took it to VA and got 34-36mpg in it. The intake and exhaust really brings that little motor to life. This is my second Neon and I think I'm hooked.

Great Car
By 71charger on 04/05/05 14:43 PM (PDT)

2003 Dodge Neon SXT 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I drove the heck out of this car for 13 months before trading it for an 04 R/T which I only did because I found out the R/Ts were discontinued. I traded an '00 Neon for the '03. Fabulous, and terribly underrated by automotive writers too heavily biased against American cars.

Great little car
By Gil on 03/24/05 16:31 PM (PST)

2003 Dodge Neon SXT 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I'm 6'3" tall and I fit in this small car. It was one criteria when I purchased it. Great sounding audio system. The automatic is a bit doggy, but I'm not a race driver. Easy to park with little front end thanks to the cab forward design. Taken it on long trips and even slept in it overnight. Wish it had power rear windows, though. Lots of head and legroom for tall people. Safety rating---I ride a motorcycle and no matter how it fared on the safety tests, it's better than a bike. Has enough power to get out of its own way, so hopefully accidents can be avoided. Handles well in high winds and stops quickly when necessary.

Fun Car At Great Price
By Larry S. on 03/09/05 05:17 AM (PST)

2003 Dodge Neon SXT 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

The car only cost me $ 11,500 after rebates. A Honda Civic EX was $ 5,000 more! The car is quick with the manual tranny, looks sportier than Honda and others in this class of cars. No mechanical problems after 24 months and 22,000 miles, handles great (in snow). Where can you get a new car so cheap, with many of the gadgets offered on cars costing several thousand bucks more, and look better than all the competition in the market segment? I get about 28 mpg average (60% city).

Great Value
By Pete on 03/06/05 12:15 PM (PST)

2003 Dodge Neon SXT 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I think this is a terrific little car, 28,000 Miles and no problems. Good gas mileage, handles well, much roomier that expected. For the price this vehicle should be at the top of every list!