Used 2003 Dodge Neon Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Dodge Neon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Neon model:

Never a problem
By hardrock086

2003 Dodge Neon R/T 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car about a year ago and have put 30,000 miles on it since I purchased. I got it with 35k and the only maintenance I've really had to do was oil changes. I also did plugs and wired at 60k and rear brake, but thats all. They didn't really have to be done, but did them anyway. I'm a service technician and a BMW shop and I love my neon. Do want a little more pep, but can't complain about the get- up and go with this car, especially considering the 39 mpg I get on road trips. Simply love this car!

Looks, 6 disc changer

What's up with the power front and rear manual windows. no other complaints, bring this beast back!

Wonderful Car!
By Ian from Florida

2003 Dodge Neon SRT-4 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

My 2003 SRT-4 has 105k on her right now. Still running strong. Basic maintenance will take you a long way! Buy one, you WON'T regret it!

A853 Engine.. Great potential, Great after market support. Responds VERY well to mods.

Put more time into the design of the interior. I don't mind it though, It's simple, everything is in a good spot.

Don't buy a dodge
By shawn

2003 Dodge Neon SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Had to replace both front wheel bearings at 34,000 74,000 and 100,000 miles. Thats right 3 times. Transmission and radiator at 90,000 pads and rotors 3 times and many check engine light problems

gas mileage

build a more reliable car

Bad Reviews?
By larry s.

2003 Dodge Neon SXT 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Can't understand the bad reviews on this car. The 5 speed manual is plenty quick; yet, some say performance ain't good? I get 30+ mpg on highway. Brand new the car cost me $11,000. Not many cars were cheaper in 2003 (except junk cars like a Yugo)! I have 58,000 mi. on it, highest cost item to repair was $320 for front end bushings. No new brakes, yet one post says brakes are poor? I also have a 98 Neon Sport with 73,000 (60% highway) on it, no new brakes yet!! With gas prices at $4+ a gallon, Dodge dumped the Neon for a mini SUV that's $7,000 more, lower mpg, boxy looking?? They're building very low mpg muscle cars and trucks that cost $1,000's more in gas a year?? Bring back the Neon!

Low price, great mpg, cute

Neon's been scrapped. Hope they build the concept car (Demon), which would be a competitor for Mazda Miata (small sport convertible), doubt it will happen cause Dodge love's BIG HEMI V- 8's that get 12mpg, go figure at sky high gas costs!!

Not the best of luck I guess
By KaylaG

2003 Dodge Neon SXT 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Wow. This car was great in the beginning. After about 40k miles it crapped out on me. Countless visits to the repair shop for my transmission, my engine lights always popping on, and new brakes about a million times, let me not forget the gas tank too little doesn't hold nothin! Oh and the darn thing has no oomph doesn't like to go! There's only a few things that I can actually say good about it. The sound systems great! And its cute.

Sound system, and the look

Bigger tank, transmission!!!!!!, just better quality!