2003 SRT4
By SRTNJ on
2003 Dodge Neon SRT-4 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl Turbo 5M)
The SRT4 is really fun to drive and by far the best bang for the buck in performance. Hands down. I have owned one for two years now and the car has performed beyond my expectations, leaving a long list of other "quick cars" in the dust. Just to name a few, I have embarrased drivers of Mustang GT's, Camaro V8's, WRX's, 350 Z's, G35's, Sentra SER's, and Audi TT's. Some of these cars put up a better fight than others. The SRT was even able to keep up with such hot rods as the Audi S4 (4.2L V8, 340 HP) and the new Mustang GT (V8, 300 HP). Some will doubt this, naturally, but it is true in my experience. However, the car is a hot rod and should be driven with care, especially in bad weather.
Favorite Features
Aside from the accelleration, the SRT4 has awesome brakes and a nice exhaust note. It not so much about what the SRT has - its about what it doesnt have: mufflers, torque steer (FWD), and Turbo lag.
Suggested Improvements
Cruise control would be nice, as well as power windows in the back. The car should come with better headlights. Maybe offer black rims as an option? That would be hot.