2003 Dodge Neon SE Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Dodge Neon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Neon model:
2003 Neon SXT
By clockit1 on 03/23/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Dodge Neon SXT 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Wait for the promos / discounts and grab one. Features vs. Price - this car is an exceptional value. Fun to drive and responsive. Great sound system and inside much roomier and better thought out than it's competitors. Don't listen to the reviewers touting the imports - cost vs. value vs. cost to own - this car rates at the top. The sticker may say 16k, but wait for the right promo and you'll grab one for 11k - see if Toyota will give you this much car for that price - not on your life!

so far so good
By MAT on 03/18/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Dodge Neon SXT 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

i have had my neon SXT for several months now and haven't found any big poblems with it. my wife and i needed a reliable car that we could afford and i wasn't willing to have a traditional sedan yet. the Neon looks and feel sporty compared to other cars in its class and we are very happy with it so far

SRT-4
By kc9id on 03/17/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Dodge Neon SRT-4 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

Fun to drive! Awesome power that requires some skill to maximize. Handling is excellent with a touch of understeer. Finish and fit seems to be very good. This is not a quiet car to drive. It sounds like it runs, fast! I did not find the exhaust to be objectionable after a 1500 mile drive returning from Florida where I purchased it.

Nice ride
By tuda on 03/09/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Dodge Neon SXT 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

yo i got one of these bad boys and what i did with it is i put a cold air intake in there a supercharger and a whole lot of other stuff. Put 2 15's in the back and i got some 12 in rims that stick out like 10 in. Handling is awsome and it races better than any other Civic out there.. and all this for 12 g's. So all you Civic lovers ill see you all later cause this Neon will burn all of you.

Neon Sxt
By caliroller on 03/09/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Dodge Neon SXT 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Real road rocket, strap yourself in for a fun, fast ride.

I Like It
By mdlunde on 03/07/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Dodge Neon SXT 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

To date, I have had no problems. I wish I would have ordered the cruise control though.

Kicks Butt!
By oOMocKerOo on 03/07/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Dodge Neon R/T 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

My experience with Neons didn't start off that great. I had a 1997 Plymouth Neon DOHC 150-hp engine. It was fun to drive and I frequently smoked Hondas and Focuses. The big problem I had was reliability. This doesn't seem to be a problem with my new 2003 R/T. Very sleek and great looking. I recommend it to all!

Neon
By challenger on 03/04/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Dodge Neon SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This is my second Neon, it is a much better car than my '98. Smoother, quieter,better build quality, very fun to drive,better fuel economy than my '98 Neon 5-speed, just an all around nicer car. I also have a Mazda 323, which doesn't hold a candle to my Neon. Any friends or family that have ridden in it can't get over the room, ride, and comfort, and my friends with V8 powered SUV's are embarassed after engaging in a little stoplight gran prix. Finally, take a look at the price compared compact cars of similar refinement and performance, and you will agree the neon is one of the best values around.

Incredible value and fun to drive
By rdolores on 02/10/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Dodge Neon SXT 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Purchased a 2003 Neon SXT with 4-speed auto for my wife. For $12,159 got 6- speaker stereo w/ CD, pwr windows, pwr locks, pwr mirrors, alum whls, tilt whl, keyless entry, pwr trunk, lo- profile tires, tach. What a value! Handles like a sports car. Very comfortable. Great sounding stereo.

Worth A Test Drive
By MR772 on 02/05/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Dodge Neon SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I have a 2000 neon bought new. Great car got fully loaded with all options except anti-lock breaks for a little over 12k. This car can stop on a dime. Great sound system. Great hp for a car in its class. have only had a few minor problems in 3 years and 60k miles. Best car with most options for the money (try finding a civic ex for the same price). get the manual transmission its the only one worth buying.