Used 2003 Dodge Neon Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Dodge Neon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Neon model:

Not bad
By Archie

2003 Dodge Neon SXT 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Almost 2 years of ownership and no major problems. The rear brakes squeak when damp--dealer says they all do that. Gas mileage consistently 33. Most comfortable seats of any car I've owned--drove 12 hours straight without an ache! Sound system is awesome for the car's price. Ride is decent. Visibility out is poor--wide A-pillar; high spoiler. Very solid--not a squeak or rattle. Great highway cruiser.

Sound system, seat comfort, heater & A/C, bang for the buck, nice sunroof, big trunk (although opening is small).

Need smaller windshield pillars and lower spoiler; road noise is excessive; turning circle too wide; low budget upholstery and floor mats.

Excellent, Inexpensive and lots of style
By dodge_gal

2003 Dodge Neon SXT 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I have had this car for 16 months and 23000 miles. Ride and handling are very good. Very reliable, awesome styling, especially for a single mom with two boys ages 13 and 9. They LOVE this car. Mileage is great; I routinely get 30+ mpg and that is normal driving, no highways. This car is a 5 speed. I'm smiling all the way to the gas pumps! For a front wheel drive sporty car, it is the best handling car I've had in the snow and winter weather. And this car does not have ABS either.

Styling, sound system, traction in winter weather. GAS MILEAGE. Price.

Two cup holders for rear seat passengers without having to flip back the center console lid. Cell phone holder area. The little flat area above the heater vents is too slippery. Better rotors. Mine have been replaced twice.

Great Little Car
By happywithneon

2003 Dodge Neon SXT 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Somewhere along the way I heard the Neon is a throw-away car. Something to get you from point A to B...no frills. Well I was wrong! This car has been wonderful the past year. The little car really has some get up and go for a 2.0! Nothing like the doggy 1.9 liter in a Ford or Saturn. It gets good gas milage about 26mpg. The radio sounds great! Not tinny like in some cheaper cars. This car is as dependable as it is fun! I live in MN where it has gotten to -15 and the car still started with no problems. It even handles good in the snow and ice.

CD player(good sound), Remote trunk pop, Good pick-up

All 4 windows power-front are only power...the rear are crank

Visibility quite poor
By gigi

2003 Dodge Neon SXT 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

For shorter drivers I feel as if I'm sitting on the floor, I cannot see hood and visibility, frame thickness between windows, has almost cost me 3 wrecks in 1 1/2 years. The gas milage they advertise is not quite accurate.;-( And it has locked me out with car running with the electronic door lock settings! Please keep spare key handy!When cold the engine has a loud tick as if ready to throw a rod and the brakes squeal when wet or cold. They say this is normal? Why only front power windows? And the front window keeps coming off track. Glove box too small can barely fit gloves and owners manual inside! And a real neck breaker to view cd changer.Impossible to clean between front seats.

Cute! A real looker! Has get up and go.Love the trunk access through back seats. Love front side window defrosters.

Thinner framing around windows to see around corners. Bigger space between seats so you can get a cleaning tool in.Bigger glove box! Could get better gas milage for a 4 cylinder. Make drivers seat with a lifter and more head room! More head room!

I Love this Car
By Fastfrt1

2003 Dodge Neon SXT 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

What a great car!!! Fun Car to drive, I get about 27-28 mpg. I run it to just under a 1/4 tank and it only takes 7.4 gallons! Great sound system!

Everything but the smallish fuel tank

maybe fit a larger fuel tank ...Otherwise DON'T CHANGE ANYTHING!!!