Used 2003 Dodge Neon Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Dodge Neon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Neon model:

Great Little Car
By happywithneon

2003 Dodge Neon Sedan SXT 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Somewhere along the way I heard the Neon is a throw-away car. Something to get you from point A to B...no frills. Well I was wrong! This car has been wonderful the past year. The little car really has some get up and go for a 2.0! Nothing like the doggy 1.9 liter in a Ford or Saturn. It gets good gas milage about 26mpg. The radio sounds great! Not tinny like in some cheaper cars. This car is as dependable as it is fun! I live in MN where it has gotten to -15 and the car still started with no problems. It even handles good in the snow and ice.

Favorite Features

CD player(good sound), Remote trunk pop, Good pick-up

Suggested Improvements

All 4 windows power-front are only power...the rear are crank

Visibility quite poor
By gigi

2003 Dodge Neon Sedan SXT 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

For shorter drivers I feel as if I'm sitting on the floor, I cannot see hood and visibility, frame thickness between windows, has almost cost me 3 wrecks in 1 1/2 years. The gas milage they advertise is not quite accurate.;-( And it has locked me out with car running with the electronic door lock settings! Please keep spare key handy!When cold the engine has a loud tick as if ready to throw a rod and the brakes squeal when wet or cold. They say this is normal? Why only front power windows? And the front window keeps coming off track. Glove box too small can barely fit gloves and owners manual inside! And a real neck breaker to view cd changer.Impossible to clean between front seats.

Favorite Features

Cute! A real looker! Has get up and go.Love the trunk access through back seats. Love front side window defrosters.

Suggested Improvements

Thinner framing around windows to see around corners. Bigger space between seats so you can get a cleaning tool in.Bigger glove box! Could get better gas milage for a 4 cylinder. Make drivers seat with a lifter and more head room! More head room!

I Love this Car
By Fastfrt1

2003 Dodge Neon Sedan SXT 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

What a great car!!! Fun Car to drive, I get about 27-28 mpg. I run it to just under a 1/4 tank and it only takes 7.4 gallons! Great sound system!

Favorite Features

Everything but the smallish fuel tank

Suggested Improvements

maybe fit a larger fuel tank ...Otherwise DON'T CHANGE ANYTHING!!!

More room than it appears to have
By Debtinator

2003 Dodge Neon Sedan SXT 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

After a year of ownership, I am pleasantly surprised by the Dodge Neon. This car has been driven in the winters of Northern PA, has made a trip from PA to FL, and has handled the summer heat of Central Florida. In all conditions, the car has performed flawlessly. The gas mileage is quite good, the ride is comfortable, and there is much more room than I would have expected. Service from the Dodge dealerships has been very good, and I would recommend this car to anyone that is looking for a smaller car with mid-size comfort.

Favorite Features

The remote trunk opener is very handy when grocery shopping. I also like the tilt-forward rear seats; they make hauling even bulky items permissable.

Suggested Improvements

I would like to see a better field of view for the driver at the left front corner. The frame that separates the windshield from the side window obstructs a good portion of the view, and I am constantly adjusting to see when turning onto side streets.

SXT-4
By asrock

2003 Dodge Neon Sedan SXT 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Great dependable car, with good pick-up and go.

Suggested Improvements

A little more hip room for taller people to get into it.