2003 Dodge Neon SRT-4 - Consumer Reviews

SRT-4 2.4L 4-cyl. Turbo 5-speed Manual - (45 reviews )
no problems at all
By allan on 01/02/10 23:22 PM (PST)

2003 Dodge Neon SRT-4 SRT-4 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I bought this car in 2003 with 20000 miles on it.I drove it until 2009 and put an additional 90000 miles on it.Other than oil changes this car has been maintenance free for me.The 2003 Neon was the most reliable car I've ever had.I would have bought another one but they stopped making the model 3 years ago. I recently traded it in and bought a 2007 Kia Spectra.I'll miss my Neon though. I had zero problems with it in 6 years of daily driving

Wonderful Car!
By Ian from Florida on 06/08/08 19:48 PM (PDT)

2003 Dodge Neon SRT-4 SRT-4 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

My 2003 SRT-4 has 105k on her right now. Still running strong. Basic maintenance will take you a long way! Buy one, you WON'T regret it!

So far so good
By TooFast4You on 04/27/07 15:45 PM (PDT)

2003 Dodge Neon SRT-4 SRT-4 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I bought this car in Feb of '03. Now with 40k miles, no problems to report other then my 3rd synchro going out and multiple torque mounts breaking on me. It's really a love/hate thing with this specific car. Either you love it cause you're an OG neon owner like myself, or hate it cause it got caught with the old Neon stigma. Truthfully I don't think I will ever part with it. I love it that much!

Perfect so far
By cometogene on 05/17/06 07:23 AM (PDT)

2003 Dodge Neon SRT-4 SRT-4 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

Bought it sight unseen for sticker price when they first came out. Never even drove one, but I figured how could I go wrong for the price. Man was I right. Smokes almost everything on the road for $20K! Best purchase I ever made.

Daily commute rocks!
By Eric on 04/29/06 20:11 PM (PDT)

2003 Dodge Neon SRT-4 SRT-4 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

We paid over MSRP in April 2003 when these just came out. We weren't planning on a new car, but I was compelled by the performance and my wife had the same reaction to the styling. (Ours is yellow). We took a test drive, and the first thing we noticed is that this is NOT a Neon. The build was very tight. Special attention went into these cars. With limited production, Dodge wanted to make a statement. The SRT line was unveiled And we had to have it. Words to describe this car: Practical, economical, exhilarating, and reliable. We had to justify using this as a family car. A) the back seat was very roomy, and the trunk was spacious. B.) We get 29-30 MPG hwy and 25-26 daily driving.

2003 SRT4
By SRTNJ on 09/01/05 01:42 AM (PDT)

2003 Dodge Neon SRT-4 SRT-4 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

The SRT4 is really fun to drive and by far the best bang for the buck in performance. Hands down. I have owned one for two years now and the car has performed beyond my expectations, leaving a long list of other "quick cars" in the dust. Just to name a few, I have embarrased drivers of Mustang GT's, Camaro V8's, WRX's, 350 Z's, G35's, Sentra SER's, and Audi TT's. Some of these cars put up a better fight than others. The SRT was even able to keep up with such hot rods as the Audi S4 (4.2L V8, 340 HP) and the new Mustang GT (V8, 300 HP). Some will doubt this, naturally, but it is true in my experience. However, the car is a hot rod and should be driven with care, especially in bad weather.

SRT4 = Bang for your Buck!!
By ATCDUDE on 05/18/05 21:39 PM (PDT)

2003 Dodge Neon SRT-4 SRT-4 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I was sceptical at first, being a previous Subaru owner. But, I purchased this car upon first release in Florida April 2003. This is by far the best "Bang for your Buck" of any car I can think of in terms of what you get in performance. I only have 9,200 miles in two years of ownership and smile everytime I step into the cockpit of this little rocket. Gas mileage is impecable considering the level of performance in this class. When easy commutting or long distance traveling, I ger 23 mpg city and 27 mpg highway. Of course with a heavy foot, these numbers decrease significantly. I highly recommend the SRT4 to anyone looking for sports car performance package on a budget.

sweet little car
By newsrt on 10/11/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Dodge Neon SRT-4 SRT-4 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

Very pleased/surprised with the performance of the car, have driven about 3500 miles so far with no flaws whatsoever apparant. Would highly reccomend car to anyone seeking reliable, functional, and fast transportation at a great price.

Little Buttercup
By Richard S on 09/17/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Dodge Neon SRT-4 SRT-4 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

Fabulous fun car that is also practical (4-dr sedan). This is a great commute car when there are no traffic jams. Added custom orange and red graphics (real paint) really dress up this little yellow sedan.

SRT-4 = Compact muscle
By halfhemi on 07/13/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Dodge Neon SRT-4 SRT-4 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

This car performs better than many cars that cost much more. It may have the shell of the Neon econobox rental, but it's a totally different animal under the hood. Do not buy one of these cars unless you want to feel some g-force while under full throttle. They are true performance vehicles. I've had 0 problems with this car. I'm still amazed after 1-1/2 years of ownership :wink:

1 2 3 4 5 next »