2003 Dodge Neon Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Neon model:
Never a problem
By hardrock086 on 06/13/08 09:35 AM (PDT)

2003 Dodge Neon Sedan R/T 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car about a year ago and have put 30,000 miles on it since I purchased. I got it with 35k and the only maintenance I've really had to do was oil changes. I also did plugs and wired at 60k and rear brake, but thats all. They didn't really have to be done, but did them anyway. I'm a service technician and a BMW shop and I love my neon. Do want a little more pep, but can't complain about the get- up and go with this car, especially considering the 39 mpg I get on road trips. Simply love this car!

Fun to drive
By Fun to drive on 03/13/06 18:57 PM (PST)

2003 Dodge Neon Sedan R/T 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I just bought a 2003 R/T and it's really fun to drive. Good performance from the engine, although it could use a little more power. Many aftermarket parts are available to increase horsepower if you want that though. This is a great car to drive that feels like a sports car, and at a low cost compared to others of the same type. An especially good value if you buy it used like I did, only 24,000 miles and a fraction of the original cost.

Neon Love
By Neon Love on 11/23/05 17:00 PM (PST)

2003 Dodge Neon Sedan R/T 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I am a 2 time owner of the Neon R/T model. First was a 99 R/T sedan, which I loved. The car was great, only issue was the head gasket. Now I've had my 03 for over a year and I'm as in love with this car more and more every day. Reliability GREAT, Looks GREAT, Performance GREAT, Options GREAT. I love to drive, but I also have a family. This car puts a smile on your face through the twisties and hulls the family in class and comfort. Class is something the 99 fell short on, but not this little lady. Buy one you won't regret it.

Va-Voom!
By Dick Bert 10 on 03/22/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Dodge Neon Sedan R/T 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Bought a new Neon R/T with all the toys from a delaer for $13,500. While it may be 2 years old in a few months, it's still a new car to me since I keep one for about 5-6 years anyway. The '03 has more legroom and creature comforts than my old '98 did. The magnum engine has as much h.p. as the old 2.0 DOHC, but sounds quieter under load. The 4-wheel discs stop it quite well. The 5-speed makes this pocket rocket a blast to drive and the Goodyear P195/50R16's make it grab in the corners. I'll be upgrading the tires to Bridgestone's as soon as I wear the OEM Goodyear's out. All in all, I am very pleased with the Neon R/T.

3rd Neon for me!
By Dick Bert on 02/25/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Dodge Neon Sedan R/T 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Bought my wife a 1998 neon with all the goodies, 5-sp, DOHC, moonroof, etc, and she's loved it. Couldn't talk her into trading for a Honda with a 6 cyclinder. Then it was totaled. We're now buying an '03 R/T with ALL the goodies for $14,500 drive-out, and she's excited. Leather, moonroof, etc. I put Bridgestone BT70S on her old Neon and it cornerd like it was on rails! Can't wait to slap Potenza's on this new car. Only problem I ever had with the '98 was the infamous headgasket, but it was fixed under warranty. Love to drive this car!

Lovin' my R/T
By LAP on 08/24/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Dodge Neon Sedan R/T 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Overall I have been very pleased with the purchase of my R/T. It's loaded including side impact air bags, key- less entry, traction control, pwr moonroof, CD changer, etc. and the price tag was still under $20,000. It also has good gas mileage, sporty looks, more spacious interior than I was expecting and can handle my aggressive driving habits. The only downfall....it doesn't hold it's value!

First New Car
By Michael N. on 08/21/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Dodge Neon Sedan R/T 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I studdied alot of cars and this one just stood out. All of the features and rebates made this car a real winner. The performance is great with the 5 speed and i love the standard six cd changer. All in all the best $14000 I ever spent.

Fun car
By Archer75 on 07/28/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Dodge Neon Sedan R/T 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Great car, lots of features. Much better value than the Honda Civic or the Toyota Corolla and it's a blast to drive. The RT has alot of power, though i'd like to see that power in the SXT model.

Kicks Butt!
By oOMocKerOo on 03/07/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Dodge Neon Sedan R/T 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

My experience with Neons didn't start off that great. I had a 1997 Plymouth Neon DOHC 150-hp engine. It was fun to drive and I frequently smoked Hondas and Focuses. The big problem I had was reliability. This doesn't seem to be a problem with my new 2003 R/T. Very sleek and great looking. I recommend it to all!