Used 2003 Dodge Neon R/T Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Dodge Neon - Consumer Reviews

2003 Dodge Neon Sedan

View reviews for a specific Neon model:

Never a problem
By hardrock086

2003 Dodge Neon Sedan R/T 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car about a year ago and have put 30,000 miles on it since I purchased. I got it with 35k and the only maintenance I've really had to do was oil changes. I also did plugs and wired at 60k and rear brake, but thats all. They didn't really have to be done, but did them anyway. I'm a service technician and a BMW shop and I love my neon. Do want a little more pep, but can't complain about the get- up and go with this car, especially considering the 39 mpg I get on road trips. Simply love this car!

Favorite Features

Looks, 6 disc changer

Suggested Improvements

What's up with the power front and rear manual windows. no other complaints, bring this beast back!

Fun to drive
By Fun to drive

2003 Dodge Neon Sedan R/T 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I just bought a 2003 R/T and it's really fun to drive. Good performance from the engine, although it could use a little more power. Many aftermarket parts are available to increase horsepower if you want that though. This is a great car to drive that feels like a sports car, and at a low cost compared to others of the same type. An especially good value if you buy it used like I did, only 24,000 miles and a fraction of the original cost.

Favorite Features

High performance engine, steering and braking ability.

Suggested Improvements

Lowered body, larger wheels, wider tires. Since they're not making Neons anymore, this won't happen. The SRT-4 had larger tires and wheels that should have been standard on the R/T.

Neon Love
By Neon Love

2003 Dodge Neon Sedan R/T 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I am a 2 time owner of the Neon R/T model. First was a 99 R/T sedan, which I loved. The car was great, only issue was the head gasket. Now I've had my 03 for over a year and I'm as in love with this car more and more every day. Reliability GREAT, Looks GREAT, Performance GREAT, Options GREAT. I love to drive, but I also have a family. This car puts a smile on your face through the twisties and hulls the family in class and comfort. Class is something the 99 fell short on, but not this little lady. Buy one you won't regret it.

Favorite Features

The whole thing.

Suggested Improvements

If they would have just lowered the stance in the rear from the factory. The high stance makes all Neons look like they have a big butt.

Va-Voom!
By Dick Bert 10

2003 Dodge Neon Sedan R/T 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Bought a new Neon R/T with all the toys from a delaer for $13,500. While it may be 2 years old in a few months, it's still a new car to me since I keep one for about 5-6 years anyway. The '03 has more legroom and creature comforts than my old '98 did. The magnum engine has as much h.p. as the old 2.0 DOHC, but sounds quieter under load. The 4-wheel discs stop it quite well. The 5-speed makes this pocket rocket a blast to drive and the Goodyear P195/50R16's make it grab in the corners. I'll be upgrading the tires to Bridgestone's as soon as I wear the OEM Goodyear's out. All in all, I am very pleased with the Neon R/T.

Favorite Features

Leather interior, 6-disc CD changer, Moon Roof, 5-speed tranny, 2.0 Magnum engine, cruise control.

Suggested Improvements

Can't complain about any!

3rd Neon for me!
By Dick Bert

2003 Dodge Neon Sedan R/T 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Bought my wife a 1998 neon with all the goodies, 5-sp, DOHC, moonroof, etc, and she's loved it. Couldn't talk her into trading for a Honda with a 6 cyclinder. Then it was totaled. We're now buying an '03 R/T with ALL the goodies for $14,500 drive-out, and she's excited. Leather, moonroof, etc. I put Bridgestone BT70S on her old Neon and it cornerd like it was on rails! Can't wait to slap Potenza's on this new car. Only problem I ever had with the '98 was the infamous headgasket, but it was fixed under warranty. Love to drive this car!

Favorite Features

Body design, engine reliability, handeling, economy.

Suggested Improvements

Wish all four doors were power.