2003 Dodge Neon Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Neon model:
So far so good :D
By kennysdead on 07/12/13 20:02 PM (PDT)

2003 Dodge Neon Sedan SXT 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

The reviews I've read were either amazing or money pit. I got lucky and so far nothing is wrong with it and its at 100,000 on engine. I did buy this from a mechanic though so I could trust that it wouldn't break down. This was my first car too.

Dont Ever Buy A Doge Neon!!!
By dodgeneonsux on 05/02/13 14:11 PM (PDT)

2003 Dodge Neon Sedan SXT 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

i bought my 2003 doge neon with 98k miles on it. i thought this would be a perfect car if i took care of it, and always did the normal maintenance. i was VERY WRONG! this car is nothing but a money pit. and you will put every cent you have into garage bills. i only owned this car for one year. and i probably spent $15 thousand dollars in repairs. it was breaking down at least once a month. when it hit 120k miles the tranny went. when the mechanic told me it will cost $2000 to fix it. i decided to sell it. TRUST ME WHATEVER YOU DO DO NOT BUY THIS CAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Takes a licking
By khowicz on 05/22/11 05:21 AM (PDT)

2003 Dodge Neon Sedan SXT 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my 03 brand new in January 04 with 300 miles on it. I was 22 and drove it hard...and drove it everywhere. This car has been on many road trips all over the US, I did not keep up with the scheduled maintenance, aside from oil changes, I've been in a couple accidents, and I still have had no major problems that I didn't cause myself. It has almost 200,000 miles on it now. After 7 years, I've only had to replace tie rods and the struts, and I am now having some suspension issues, which I need to get checked out..... but like I said, I was not careful with it at all for a couple years. If you need a reliable car that gets good mpg, then I would suggest a neon!

I wish Chrysler still made them8-(
By jaidee22 on 12/26/10 15:50 PM (PST)

2003 Dodge Neon Sedan SXT 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my 2003 Neon SXT in May 2003. I still drive it every day - it has been the BEST car I have ever had. Aside from normal maintainence, it owes me nothing. 132,000 and still going..LOVE my car. Still gets 33-35mpg, faithfully. And NO RUST. I wish they still made this car. I have been looking for another one and cannot find one...huuummm wonder why?? Because they are keepers, thats why!

Overall
By Michael on 05/03/10 13:43 PM (PDT)

2003 Dodge Neon Sedan SXT 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this vehicle in October of 09 i have a 5-speed tranny which shifts very nicely. Acceleration is good, with plenty of torque for a small sedan. I have replaced the front factory speakers, and put subs in the back. The car is a good car for keeping the sound quality in. Not much rattling. I have not had to do any repairs on the car only changing the oil.

Why would Dodge get rid of em?!
By Matt on 01/04/10 11:56 AM (PST)

2003 Dodge Neon Sedan SXT 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Had this car for a very short time but it's amazing on gas, has a sporty look with just a little kick to it! I previously owned an 01 Sebring and I loved it but it fell apart and I had to get rid of it. If your looking for a small fuel efficient car with sporty looks and handles like a Luxury car than the Dodge neon is just for you!

THink Before you buy this Problem....
By John on 12/18/09 09:51 AM (PST)

2003 Dodge Neon Sedan SXT 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

We bought this car in 2003 BRAND NEW...No problems the 1st 40k miles, different story after that. We had to have a new transmission/radiator at 63k miles, then the car completely fell apart after that, seriously every month there was something else breaking...suspension/ignition/cooling system. This was BY FAR the worst car we ever owned....If you want a cheap car, consider a civic or corolla because in the long run, you will POUR MONEY into this car... We will be trading it in december 09 to buy a honda. I WOULD NOT recommend anyone buy a neon that has over 60k miles on it(dodge strategically made the powertrain warranty 50k)

Why did they discontinue the Neon?
By Dodge Man! on 07/31/09 14:10 PM (PDT)

2003 Dodge Neon Sedan SXT 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car new when the 2004 were coming out. Got a great deal from the dealership in Gurnee, Illinois. The car has been very reliable with regular maintenance. I have 145,000 miles on it and just got it paid off last year. I use this as a commuter car and I have a newer family car Subaru, Tribeca for longer trips. I plan on driving the Neon until the wheels fall off for commuting 65 miles one way to work. I was going to have the timing belt changed at 100000 miles but I was told it didn't need to be replaced. Only major repair was the clutch at 90000 miles for 800 bucks.

Good car for me.
By Sami on 06/30/09 11:14 AM (PDT)

2003 Dodge Neon Sedan SXT 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Bought new at the beginning of 2003, now have 110000 miles on it. Haven't had to much trouble with it in 6 years, had transmission replaced at 60002 miles under warranty, had to have steer rack replace six months ago since there was a loose passenger side tie rod(it was probably from hit a curb in a parking lot several years), and am currently have the alternator replaced. I'm not one to keep up with the maintenance schedule, fix it as it needs it. Most of the few other things that I have done are all normal things that wear out with mileage. Over all been very reliable, did have to have in towed a couple of weeks ago, one of the original rear brakes locked up, but it has been 110,000 miles.

A good first new car...
By JB on 04/19/09 13:43 PM (PDT)

2003 Dodge Neon Sedan SXT 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my Neon new in 2003, and for the most part, enjoyed it. I've had some rough idling issues which were covered under the powertrain warranty, but other than that no major repairs. Considering I spend about $12,000 for the car, it's been well worth the money. I'd definitely take a look at this car if you're looking for a commute vehicle. I probably average about 28 mpg with 85% highway/15% city driving. Not bad at all!