Used 2003 Dodge Neon SE Sedan Consumer Reviews - 23 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Dodge Neon Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Neon model:

The car that keep the faith
By Steve

2003 Dodge Neon Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

My Step Dad bought this 2003 Dodge Neon for me after being sick, lost my job and almost lost my life. I went bankrupt after working the entire time. I regained my health and paid my Step Dad back. This car had 23,000 when i got it, the odometer now reads 279,844 as I write this. I been faithful with oil changes and replaced the drivers side front wheel bearing and had rear wheel bearings and brakes changed, front brakes also. Changed a radiator and other minor things . This little Dodge is still going strong! Stronger then me! I'll keep this car until I drop or it does. It has been reliable and has gotten me through so much. It has been the best vehicle I've ever had. It has dings on it now but so do I. That's why this car keep the faith, it's truly been a blessing from the good Lord:)

I love this Car.....!
By beecoolbreeze

2003 Dodge Neon Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I have a 2003 SE with the 4 speed automatic even though I couldn't choose auto in the model type so I put manual and I love it. I bought it with 44,200 and It has 47,655 miles on it without any problems except oil change. The car is structurally and mechanically sound. No problems at all.

Fuel economy, nimbleness, lightweight, looks like it has a smile.

Wish the R/T 150 hp version came with an automatic.

GREAT RELIABLE CAR AT 200K
By haydenburtal

2003 Dodge Neon Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Iv'e had my 2003 dodge neon SE for 4 years and put 200,000 miles on it. Oter than replacing the tranny at 100k miles (under warranty) ive had nothing but great gas mileage, luxary, compfort, and everything.

Great car!
By prodigit

2003 Dodge Neon Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Bought this car for $3000 for my wife, second hand with 95k miles on it. We've been driving it for 6k miles, without a single major problem (some minor mechanical issues, but nothing worth mentioning).

The car was banged up in the back, and declared a total loss, but some mechanic patched her up, and she drove like a queen!

I have the automatic, not the manual.

Fuel efficient motor, power, fast acceleration, fun to drive, everything is just at the right place, interior doesn't look like crappy plastic, reliability, motor is dependable!, fits a 6'3" driver perfectly, aerodynamic body, airco can keep up with hot sun (for more airco drive in 3 instead of D, allows the RPM's to climb, and the airco to do it's job). Nearly flooring the pedal upshifts gear, flooring the pedal upshifts 2 gears (going from 2,5k RPM to 4,5kRPM), higher torque band above 3K RPM, peak torque between 4,5 and 5k RPM.

Radio and speakers, transmission tends to fluxuate rpms on the highways (do know it has nearly 100k miles on it); steering wheel not telescopic, speedometer too high for my comfort(hidden behind steering wheel). To keep driving in 4th gear instead of 5th (eg on a climb), you'll have to keep the accelerator pedal down, and motor consumes more that way (accelerating too much, while it can't keep up in 5th gear).

Nothing but problems since i bought it
By ohiomommy82

2003 Dodge Neon Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Well i just bought this car 2 months ago and its been to the mechanic 7 times, things I've had fixed have been 3 motor mounts, Brakes master cylinder, Rotors, and pads, brakes completely went out on me while on the interstate , Idler pulley, belts were replaced, tire blew out on me, Struts need replaced and now I'm starting to wonder about the tranny so not worth it.

great air conditioning and its roomy