2003 Dodge Neon Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Neon model:
I love this Car.....!
By beecoolbreeze on 09/09/13 02:53 AM (PDT)

2003 Dodge Neon Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I have a 2003 SE with the 4 speed automatic even though I couldn't choose auto in the model type so I put manual and I love it. I bought it with 44,200 and It has 47,655 miles on it without any problems except oil change. The car is structurally and mechanically sound. No problems at all.

So far so good :D
By kennysdead on 07/12/13 20:02 PM (PDT)

2003 Dodge Neon Sedan SXT 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

The reviews I've read were either amazing or money pit. I got lucky and so far nothing is wrong with it and its at 100,000 on engine. I did buy this from a mechanic though so I could trust that it wouldn't break down. This was my first car too.

Dont Ever Buy A Doge Neon!!!
By dodgeneonsux on 05/02/13 14:11 PM (PDT)

2003 Dodge Neon Sedan SXT 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

i bought my 2003 doge neon with 98k miles on it. i thought this would be a perfect car if i took care of it, and always did the normal maintenance. i was VERY WRONG! this car is nothing but a money pit. and you will put every cent you have into garage bills. i only owned this car for one year. and i probably spent $15 thousand dollars in repairs. it was breaking down at least once a month. when it hit 120k miles the tranny went. when the mechanic told me it will cost $2000 to fix it. i decided to sell it. TRUST ME WHATEVER YOU DO DO NOT BUY THIS CAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GREAT RELIABLE CAR AT 200K
By haydenburtal on 10/15/12 16:57 PM (PDT)

2003 Dodge Neon Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Iv'e had my 2003 dodge neon SE for 4 years and put 200,000 miles on it. Oter than replacing the tranny at 100k miles (under warranty) ive had nothing but great gas mileage, luxary, compfort, and everything.

Great car!
By prodigit on 09/24/12 19:48 PM (PDT)

2003 Dodge Neon Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Bought this car for $3000 for my wife, second hand with 95k miles on it. We've been driving it for 6k miles, without a single major problem (some minor mechanical issues, but nothing worth mentioning). The car was banged up in the back, and declared a total loss, but some mechanic patched her up, and she drove like a queen! I have the automatic, not the manual.

Takes a licking
By khowicz on 05/22/11 05:21 AM (PDT)

2003 Dodge Neon Sedan SXT 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my 03 brand new in January 04 with 300 miles on it. I was 22 and drove it hard...and drove it everywhere. This car has been on many road trips all over the US, I did not keep up with the scheduled maintenance, aside from oil changes, I've been in a couple accidents, and I still have had no major problems that I didn't cause myself. It has almost 200,000 miles on it now. After 7 years, I've only had to replace tie rods and the struts, and I am now having some suspension issues, which I need to get checked out..... but like I said, I was not careful with it at all for a couple years. If you need a reliable car that gets good mpg, then I would suggest a neon!

I wish Chrysler still made them8-(
By jaidee22 on 12/26/10 15:50 PM (PST)

2003 Dodge Neon Sedan SXT 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my 2003 Neon SXT in May 2003. I still drive it every day - it has been the BEST car I have ever had. Aside from normal maintainence, it owes me nothing. 132,000 and still going..LOVE my car. Still gets 33-35mpg, faithfully. And NO RUST. I wish they still made this car. I have been looking for another one and cannot find one...huuummm wonder why?? Because they are keepers, thats why!

Nothing but problems since i bought it
By ohiomommy82 on 06/03/10 12:04 PM (PDT)

2003 Dodge Neon Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Well i just bought this car 2 months ago and its been to the mechanic 7 times, things I've had fixed have been 3 motor mounts, Brakes master cylinder, Rotors, and pads, brakes completely went out on me while on the interstate , Idler pulley, belts were replaced, tire blew out on me, Struts need replaced and now I'm starting to wonder about the tranny so not worth it.

Overall
By Michael on 05/03/10 13:43 PM (PDT)

2003 Dodge Neon Sedan SXT 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this vehicle in October of 09 i have a 5-speed tranny which shifts very nicely. Acceleration is good, with plenty of torque for a small sedan. I have replaced the front factory speakers, and put subs in the back. The car is a good car for keeping the sound quality in. Not much rattling. I have not had to do any repairs on the car only changing the oil.

What i think about
By DeftonesRulez on 04/28/10 14:23 PM (PDT)

2003 Dodge Neon Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I got this car used last year for just under $5,000. I wanted a small automatic sports car that is fast and good gas mileage and this is the closest i could get to that description. it's not fancy car but its good for taking long drives and not eating up gas. i always liked looking at the Dodge SRT-4 but since I don't know how to drive manual the Dodge Neon was just as awesome.