Used 2003 Dodge Neon SXT Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Dodge Neon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Neon model:

So far so good :D
By kennysdead

2003 Dodge Neon SXT 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

The reviews I've read were either amazing or money pit. I got lucky and so far nothing is wrong with it and its at 100,000 on engine. I did buy this from a mechanic though so I could trust that it wouldn't break down. This was my first car too.

Soft seats, nice outside appearance, the middle console feature where when you open it up, it folds all the way back and becomes a tissue and cup holder.

Nothing that I don't like about.

Dont Ever Buy A Doge Neon!!!
By dodgeneonsux

2003 Dodge Neon SXT 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

i bought my 2003 doge neon with 98k miles on it. i thought this would be a perfect car if i took care of it, and always did the normal maintenance. i was VERY WRONG! this car is nothing but a money pit. and you will put every cent you have into garage bills. i only owned this car for one year. and i probably spent $15 thousand dollars in repairs. it was breaking down at least once a month. when it hit 120k miles the tranny went. when the mechanic told me it will cost $2000 to fix it. i decided to sell it. TRUST ME WHATEVER YOU DO DO NOT BUY THIS CAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

none this car is the worst car i ever owned

everything

Takes a licking
By khowicz

2003 Dodge Neon SXT 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my 03 brand new in January 04 with 300 miles on it. I was 22 and drove it hard...and drove it everywhere. This car has been on many road trips all over the US, I did not keep up with the scheduled maintenance, aside from oil changes, I've been in a couple accidents, and I still have had no major problems that I didn't cause myself. It has almost 200,000 miles on it now. After 7 years, I've only had to replace tie rods and the struts, and I am now having some suspension issues, which I need to get checked out..... but like I said, I was not careful with it at all for a couple years. If you need a reliable car that gets good mpg, then I would suggest a neon!

reliability, low-cost maintenance, mpg

I wish Chrysler still made them8-(
By jaidee22

2003 Dodge Neon SXT 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my 2003 Neon SXT in May 2003. I still drive it every day - it has been the BEST car I have ever had. Aside from normal maintainence, it owes me nothing. 132,000 and still going..LOVE my car. Still gets 33-35mpg, faithfully. And NO RUST. I wish they still made this car. I have been looking for another one and cannot find one...huuummm wonder why?? Because they are keepers, thats why!

Was the only car in its class in its year that held my daughters car seat without the front seat against her legs...lots of room in the back seat. I use it as my "city truck" and have hauled lots of stuff most Neon owners would not. Like the head room, and the ergonomics of the interior design.

Make it again...

Overall
By Michael

2003 Dodge Neon SXT 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this vehicle in October of 09 i have a 5-speed tranny which shifts very nicely. Acceleration is good, with plenty of torque for a small sedan. I have replaced the front factory speakers, and put subs in the back. The car is a good car for keeping the sound quality in. Not much rattling. I have not had to do any repairs on the car only changing the oil.

Red lines at 6500 rpm 5-speed 16 v engine

Make it with a bigger stock engine :)