2003 Dodge Neon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Neon model:
I love this Car.....!
By beecoolbreeze on 09/09/13 02:53 AM (PDT)

2003 Dodge Neon SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I have a 2003 SE with the 4 speed automatic even though I couldn't choose auto in the model type so I put manual and I love it. I bought it with 44,200 and It has 47,655 miles on it without any problems except oil change. The car is structurally and mechanically sound. No problems at all.

GREAT RELIABLE CAR AT 200K
By haydenburtal on 10/15/12 16:57 PM (PDT)

2003 Dodge Neon SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Iv'e had my 2003 dodge neon SE for 4 years and put 200,000 miles on it. Oter than replacing the tranny at 100k miles (under warranty) ive had nothing but great gas mileage, luxary, compfort, and everything.

Great car!
By prodigit on 09/24/12 19:48 PM (PDT)

2003 Dodge Neon SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Bought this car for $3000 for my wife, second hand with 95k miles on it. We've been driving it for 6k miles, without a single major problem (some minor mechanical issues, but nothing worth mentioning). The car was banged up in the back, and declared a total loss, but some mechanic patched her up, and she drove like a queen! I have the automatic, not the manual.

Nothing but problems since i bought it
By ohiomommy82 on 06/03/10 12:04 PM (PDT)

2003 Dodge Neon SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Well i just bought this car 2 months ago and its been to the mechanic 7 times, things I've had fixed have been 3 motor mounts, Brakes master cylinder, Rotors, and pads, brakes completely went out on me while on the interstate , Idler pulley, belts were replaced, tire blew out on me, Struts need replaced and now I'm starting to wonder about the tranny so not worth it.

What i think about
By DeftonesRulez on 04/28/10 14:23 PM (PDT)

2003 Dodge Neon SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I got this car used last year for just under $5,000. I wanted a small automatic sports car that is fast and good gas mileage and this is the closest i could get to that description. it's not fancy car but its good for taking long drives and not eating up gas. i always liked looking at the Dodge SRT-4 but since I don't know how to drive manual the Dodge Neon was just as awesome.

Great Car...if you upgrade
By Jeff on 08/30/09 21:17 PM (PDT)

2003 Dodge Neon SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I have had this car for three years now. Bought it with 44,000 miles on it and have taken it to 100,000. Really fun car to drive. As an experienced mech, i new that dodge parts are not even close to par, so i installed aftermarket parts for nearly every system on the car. Costly yes, but well worth it. The only original parts that have had to be replaced due to fault are the Cam position sensor (which all dodges are notorious for), EVAP canister(naturally due to mileage), and the timing belt(again, naturally due to mileage). Other than that, great car for the price. I would suggest you are at least somewhat of an experienced mech though. Parts are SOOOO cheap for this car. Labor is not.

My 2nd Neon
By ski1981 on 02/28/09 18:07 PM (PST)

2003 Dodge Neon SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I brought this vehicle used with 62,127mi on it at a dealer my older sister boyfriend works at, so i got a really good deal on it. My 1st Neon was a 97 Highlight and its life ended around 238k give or take 5k so, I thought I might get lucky with this as well.....omg, I was WRONG!! The heater was not working right, so i took to Dodge(it was still under warranty) they claimed it was the thermostat, but in the process of replacing this thermostat they broke a senser on the intake manifold which made the car idle very high, but they fix that. I STILL HAVE NO HEATER!!! I had to replace the radio about 4weeks after all of that drama. she has been good to me but I will be trading up some for a VW.

My first car was a disaster
By acd88 on 12/01/08 19:14 PM (PST)

2003 Dodge Neon SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Needed a car to get to work and college. Bought a used 2003 Dodge Neon from dealership with 54,000 miles on it. Ran great for the first few months. Then it idled rough so I replaced spark plugs and wires. Ran good for a while. Had trans flushed at 62,000 miles and things went downhill. Radiator ruptured two months later. Trans fluid leaked out, coolant fluid contaminated the trans. Replaced radiator. At 68,500 miles had AAMCO inspect it. Said trans was good but needed to replace motor mounts.The day before Thanksgiving the transmission went(71,000 miles) Mechanic says the coolant fluid that got in the trans, destroyed it. Thought it would be an easy maintenance first car. Boy was I wrong!

The best first car ever!
By kay on 10/15/08 15:35 PM (PDT)

2003 Dodge Neon SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I love, I mean love this car! wicked fun to drive, and so easy to handle. I fell for it when my eyes saw it, so cute and really reliable

Good car for the money.
By Bigfoot on 10/10/08 22:36 PM (PDT)

2003 Dodge Neon SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Bought this car 1 1/2+ years ago for $7500 and have put 20,000+ miles on it. Knowing what I know now would buy it again. Only problems I've had are I've had to replace the front brake pads twice already. I put in the least expensive pads. But other than that this had been real good dependable car. Plenty of power for passing and in the hills. Decent gas mileage as I've always gotten 29-30 any time I've checked it. Also pretty comfortable car. My hip don't get stiff and sore on longer trips like it does when I drive my Jeep.