Used 2003 Dodge Neon SE Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Dodge Neon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Neon model:

I love this Car.....!
By beecoolbreeze

2003 Dodge Neon SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I have a 2003 SE with the 4 speed automatic even though I couldn't choose auto in the model type so I put manual and I love it. I bought it with 44,200 and It has 47,655 miles on it without any problems except oil change. The car is structurally and mechanically sound. No problems at all.

Fuel economy, nimbleness, lightweight, looks like it has a smile.

Wish the R/T 150 hp version came with an automatic.

GREAT RELIABLE CAR AT 200K
By haydenburtal

2003 Dodge Neon SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Iv'e had my 2003 dodge neon SE for 4 years and put 200,000 miles on it. Oter than replacing the tranny at 100k miles (under warranty) ive had nothing but great gas mileage, luxary, compfort, and everything.

Great car!
By prodigit

2003 Dodge Neon SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Bought this car for $3000 for my wife, second hand with 95k miles on it. We've been driving it for 6k miles, without a single major problem (some minor mechanical issues, but nothing worth mentioning). The car was banged up in the back, and declared a total loss, but some mechanic patched her up, and she drove like a queen! I have the automatic, not the manual.

Fuel efficient motor, power, fast acceleration, fun to drive, everything is just at the right place, interior doesn't look like crappy plastic, reliability, motor is dependable!, fits a 6'3" driver perfectly, aerodynamic body, airco can keep up with hot sun (for more airco drive in 3 instead of D, allows the RPM's to climb, and the airco to do it's job). Nearly flooring the pedal upshifts gear, flooring the pedal upshifts 2 gears (going from 2,5k RPM to 4,5kRPM), higher torque band above 3K RPM, peak torque between 4,5 and 5k RPM.

Radio and speakers, transmission tends to fluxuate rpms on the highways (do know it has nearly 100k miles on it); steering wheel not telescopic, speedometer too high for my comfort(hidden behind steering wheel). To keep driving in 4th gear instead of 5th (eg on a climb), you'll have to keep the accelerator pedal down, and motor consumes more that way (accelerating too much, while it can't keep up in 5th gear).

Nothing but problems since i bought it
By ohiomommy82

2003 Dodge Neon SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Well i just bought this car 2 months ago and its been to the mechanic 7 times, things I've had fixed have been 3 motor mounts, Brakes master cylinder, Rotors, and pads, brakes completely went out on me while on the interstate , Idler pulley, belts were replaced, tire blew out on me, Struts need replaced and now I'm starting to wonder about the tranny so not worth it.

great air conditioning and its roomy

What i think about
By DeftonesRulez

2003 Dodge Neon SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I got this car used last year for just under $5,000. I wanted a small automatic sports car that is fast and good gas mileage and this is the closest i could get to that description. it's not fancy car but its good for taking long drives and not eating up gas. i always liked looking at the Dodge SRT-4 but since I don't know how to drive manual the Dodge Neon was just as awesome.

good gas mileage, small, accelerates quickly, sporty looking, enough room inside

to be able to open the trunk without shutting the car down since you have to use the key, no light in the trunk, sometimes the car stalls for a moment when traffic slows and it goes from fast to slower