Used 2003 Dodge Neon Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Dodge Neon - Consumer Reviews

2003 Dodge Neon

View reviews for a specific Neon model:

I love this Car.....!
By beecoolbreeze

2003 Dodge Neon SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I have a 2003 SE with the 4 speed automatic even though I couldn't choose auto in the model type so I put manual and I love it. I bought it with 44,200 and It has 47,655 miles on it without any problems except oil change. The car is structurally and mechanically sound. No problems at all.

Favorite Features

Fuel economy, nimbleness, lightweight, looks like it has a smile.

Suggested Improvements

Wish the R/T 150 hp version came with an automatic.

So far so good :D
By kennysdead

2003 Dodge Neon SXT 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

The reviews I've read were either amazing or money pit. I got lucky and so far nothing is wrong with it and its at 100,000 on engine. I did buy this from a mechanic though so I could trust that it wouldn't break down. This was my first car too.

Favorite Features

Soft seats, nice outside appearance, the middle console feature where when you open it up, it folds all the way back and becomes a tissue and cup holder.

Suggested Improvements

Nothing that I don't like about.

Dont Ever Buy A Doge Neon!!!
By dodgeneonsux

2003 Dodge Neon SXT 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

i bought my 2003 doge neon with 98k miles on it. i thought this would be a perfect car if i took care of it, and always did the normal maintenance. i was VERY WRONG! this car is nothing but a money pit. and you will put every cent you have into garage bills. i only owned this car for one year. and i probably spent $15 thousand dollars in repairs. it was breaking down at least once a month. when it hit 120k miles the tranny went. when the mechanic told me it will cost $2000 to fix it. i decided to sell it. TRUST ME WHATEVER YOU DO DO NOT BUY THIS CAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Favorite Features

none this car is the worst car i ever owned

Suggested Improvements

everything

GREAT RELIABLE CAR AT 200K
By haydenburtal

2003 Dodge Neon SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Iv'e had my 2003 dodge neon SE for 4 years and put 200,000 miles on it. Oter than replacing the tranny at 100k miles (under warranty) ive had nothing but great gas mileage, luxary, compfort, and everything.

Great car!
By prodigit

2003 Dodge Neon SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Bought this car for $3000 for my wife, second hand with 95k miles on it. We've been driving it for 6k miles, without a single major problem (some minor mechanical issues, but nothing worth mentioning). The car was banged up in the back, and declared a total loss, but some mechanic patched her up, and she drove like a queen! I have the automatic, not the manual.

Favorite Features

Fuel efficient motor, power, fast acceleration, fun to drive, everything is just at the right place, interior doesn't look like crappy plastic, reliability, motor is dependable!, fits a 6'3" driver perfectly, aerodynamic body, airco can keep up with hot sun (for more airco drive in 3 instead of D, allows the RPM's to climb, and the airco to do it's job). Nearly flooring the pedal upshifts gear, flooring the pedal upshifts 2 gears (going from 2,5k RPM to 4,5kRPM), higher torque band above 3K RPM, peak torque between 4,5 and 5k RPM.

Suggested Improvements

Radio and speakers, transmission tends to fluxuate rpms on the highways (do know it has nearly 100k miles on it); steering wheel not telescopic, speedometer too high for my comfort(hidden behind steering wheel). To keep driving in 4th gear instead of 5th (eg on a climb), you'll have to keep the accelerator pedal down, and motor consumes more that way (accelerating too much, while it can't keep up in 5th gear).