Best money I've ever spent (on a car)!
By BrightApollo on
2002 Dodge Neon ACR 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)
I've owned lots of other cars, and the most fun I'd had was with the '79 Starfire and '95 Neon, because they were awesome on gas and could put (a little) power to the ground and corner extremely well. The 2002 Neon ACR is the pinnacle of cheap fun. It has 75hp/ liter so you're not shortchanged on power, but it has adjustable suspension so I can set this car up for autocrossing in an hour. People who look at it and think "rental car" usually only get to see my taillights the rest of the way. And I scored it for $11,5k certified used with 1300 miles on it. It pays to shop!
Favorite Features
Acceleration, cornering are superb. Improved console and dash over 1st generation. Improved airflow makes forced induction an easy modification. Comes with 15" tires already, and since it's an ACR, you get race-ready parts covered under a factory warranty.
Suggested Improvements
DEFINITELY improve the side view mirror angle on driver's side (it doesn't kick out enough for an upright 74" tall driver); should come with better rubber out of the factory; dual-port exhaust looks nice, but a real twin-muffler would make it an easier car to upgrade for racing.