2002 Dodge Neon Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Neon model:
what a sorry car, regret!!!
By Night_Vision on 04/22/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Dodge Neon Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I just bought the car in late March, 02. The car is not even 1.5 month old, but it was in Dodge Service Department for more 2.5 weeks. There are 5 problems; The problems: defective steering pump, Leak gas tank, first gear lagging/weird noise, no grease in my left CV boot which cause damages to my front axle (they replaced the axle), and weird brake noise. This is my first and will be last American car. I bought it because 911 incident and poor American economy, I wanted to support Americans by buying American made stuffs.

Pretty Impressive for a domestic.
By oberkell on 04/14/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Dodge Neon Sedan R/T 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Traded in my Golf 1.8t for this vehicle. So far so good. For the price I don't see how you could pass on this, especially with the 2k rebate and 500 rebate from State Farm or Country Companies (Farm Bureau Member). Loaded with options. Brakes are top of the line. Better than the new Acura. Quick (not fast), handles great and gets outstanding gas mileage (35 mpg) first tank. Pretty roomy for a compact and has a big trunk. Doesn't look like anything on the road and there are a large number of aftermarket products on the market for this car. Replacement parts are also cheap, especially coming from a VW - 1,000.00 for a clutch and flywheel.

New SXT model an improvement
By jayjay610 on 04/04/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Dodge Neon Sedan SXT 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

a solid car for it price and class a good work and errands vehicle i dont reccomend it for long haul trips

Great Car
By denny on 04/04/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Dodge Neon Sedan SXT 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I just picked up my third Neon. I also have a 95 (150K) and a 98 (96K). The 2002 sxt with a 5 speed is fun to drive, has great acceleration and good fuel mileage. It is as solid as a rock. For a little car, it's great. This car was loaded. It is quiet for a small car too.

Great car
By Bfett4eva on 03/17/02 14:01 PM (PST)

2002 Dodge Neon Sedan ACR 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This is my second Neon. I love this car. It is so much fun to drive and people underestimate it's potential. The ACR and R/T are very reliable and priced great and have alot of power. I'm going to keep my first Neon and going to modify my ACR (American Club Racer) for autoX.

grat car
By david/greenberg on 03/10/02 15:03 PM (PST)

2002 Dodge Neon Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

we love our neon. it has a great cd player. the feachers are easy to use. i love my neon.

Dodge Neon R/T
By Yosito on 03/07/02 20:47 PM (PST)

2002 Dodge Neon Sedan R/T 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

The car is a blast to drive, I´m always having nice words from friends about my car. Friend have Honda Civics, Nissan Sentra,and even a 2000 Mustang, and my car is faster! It´s a sharp looking car, I wished it had at least 20 more HP, and a different ratio, but the car runs very nice, I have already about 6000 miles, and no problems with the car. I would like to have a louder exhaust sound, I installed a K&N filter, the car runs much better. Is the best car for the money.

Compare All 3!
By oldcarman on 03/04/02 08:35 AM (PST)

2002 Dodge Neon Sedan ACR 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This vehicle blows the doors off the Fords, Saturn (joke) or Asian imports, & you can put one inside a Neon with room to spare! It has been dead nuts reliable, the dealer has stood behind every problem which were very few. It is one of the very fdew vehicles in this class that fits Americans. Just because I donn't want or need to spend $25k doesn't mean I shrunk to the size of a typical Japanese or European. It also doesn't look like "committee" styling. It has been a great value!

Neon compact
By Soey on 03/03/02 03:12 AM (PST)

2002 Dodge Neon Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Great comuter car, gets great gas economy and has great comfort for a little car, if you want a sports car, this may not be for you.lacks in performance. But if you want a decent priced gas miser with room for 4, try the all new dodge neon.

A fine car for the money.
By Chris Dickey on 03/03/02 01:16 AM (PST)

2002 Dodge Neon Sedan R/T 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I just bought my R/T. It was not my first choice, but being a Daimler-Chrysler employee I couldn't pass up the discount and rebate. Now that I have it I am delighted with it. It is much more fun to drive than I thought it would be. I find it very refined and comfortable. It came with a great warranty if needed. The build quality was much better than I expected. The fuel mileage is much greater than I expected. Over thirty miles to the gallon so far. Summary, I am happy with this car!