2002 Dodge Neon Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Neon model:
Mine has broke ddown 2x's in 6mo
By Becky P on 07/23/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Dodge Neon Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car in 12/01. I broke down a week later on the side of a busy highway. My speed sensor wire was busted, and my cam valve was put in backwards at the factory. Now: July 02 and my car stalled, sputtered, engine light came on and then I parked it, it didn't start again. I had previously sent letters about my 1st breakdown to DaimlerChrysler, the dealer I bought the car from, the Manager of the dealer, NO RESPONSE. Chrysler said they would note my complaint! Gee Thanks! With all the problems I am having I wish now that I kept my 12 year old Toyota Corolla, it still ran and didn't give me 1/2 the problems at way over 100k(almost 200k)

Great little car
By Richie on 07/22/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Dodge Neon Sedan ES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Love the car, very spacious due to long wheelbase. Have the ES model like a car that does not look like an import. Great radio and CD player. Would like a little more power though. Very comfortable on long trips.

All in all great!
By MichaelAstrid on 07/08/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Dodge Neon Sedan ES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

The car is a wonderful little fuel econmy vehicle. This is my second Neon and I really enjoy the improvements made for 2002.

fun to drive
By TERRA on 06/18/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Dodge Neon Sedan SXT 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I had a 1995 dodge neon and it had practically all new parts in it. I replaced the transmission twice and quite a few other things. I really didnt like that model. The new 2002 neon SXT that i have is so much fun to drive and it has a great warranty so if anything happens i guess they can pay to fix it.

mikes review
By MikeT on 06/08/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Dodge Neon Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Great ride for a little car. Gas milage consistently 33-35mpg. Seats very comfortable, even on long rides home (300 miles). Sound system good.

Great little ride
By SXT'er on 05/26/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Dodge Neon Sedan SXT 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Our first Neon was good but started falling apart (a/c, speedo/odo quit, and gas gauge quit, knobs started breaking etc) but the engine with 130K is still solid. NOW we have the SXT, had it a month and the engine is zippier w/132bhp. Gas milage is down from last Neon/38mpg to 33mpg. Gear shift is a little squishy but this ain't a Ferrari. For the price with the rebate, to getta GOOD LOOKING car with 15 inch rims, a/c, cd player, power frt windows (having to manually roll down the rear is strange but hey-I ride in the front;) , and a roomy interior is almost unheard of. Go price the competitors and it'll make your head hurt.

Fun little car!
By Osoler on 05/22/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Dodge Neon Sedan R/T 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This is a car for people that are on a bugget!It's all around a performer.

Bad experience
By susieQ on 05/17/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Dodge Neon Sedan ES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased this car in may of 1999. It drives great, but not even a couple of months later the horn needed to be replaced. Within the first 6 months i had the car the horn was replaced 5 times. A few months later the power steering pump was replaced. In june of 2001 the head gasket was replaced. Than in January 2002 the head blew and the timming chain broke and had to be replaced. Than in may of 2002 the main rear seal started leaking and now has to be replaced. There are to many problems with this make and model of car. m

Excellent - Style, Value, and Quality
By fett76 on 05/08/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Dodge Neon Sedan SXT 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I recently traded my 97 VW Jetta for the Neon SXT and have had absolutely no regrets. The Neon is sporty, fun, and has an overall feeling of quality to it that suprizes me for a low-priced economy car. The SXT is a great value and has been a blast to drive. The car feels a little underpowered when accelarating onto the freeway but an adjustment in driving style solved the problem. The only other minor complaint is the manual rear windows (coupled with power front). This is the only "cheap" feeling feature to an otherwise great car.

What a bargain!
By J West on 04/24/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Dodge Neon Sedan SXT 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This is one of the best bargains around! My SXT stickered at just over $14,000, then I found out about the $2000 cash back AND the 7 year / 100,000 mile extended warranty that was free! I priced both the base Neon and the SXT and the SXT is cheaper!! You get power windows, mirrors, locks, a 6- speaker CD stereo, tilt wheel, rear defog, remote keyless entry, fog lamps, spoiler, 15 inch aluminum wheels, and A/C!!! Wow!!! I've only had it for 2 weeks and am already getting 34-35 mpg (w/ 5 spd). It is a blast to drive (and I traded a 2001 Pontiac Grand Am GT). It is a much better ride than the Pontiac.