Used 2002 Dodge Neon Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Dodge Neon - Consumer Reviews

2002 Dodge Neon

View reviews for a specific Neon model:

Great bargain and fun to drive
By My 2002 RT

2002 Dodge Neon R/T 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Only a few problems. It was a month before a bad clutch cyl went bad, fixed ok since. Radio went bad around 20,000. Reverse back up sensor went bat around 30,000.

Favorite Features

I've had a great time with this car. I'm 36 yeas old and still a kid. I've done some bolt on mods like intake, exaust, springs, and so on. Great car and cheap fun. The 87 12 sec. shelby charger sits in the garage next to it.

Suggested Improvements

Thicker carpet, update the dated shifter and transmission bushings.

great car...great value if used
By mikesurf

2002 Dodge Neon SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Remarkably roomy with very good seats Great handling, and the 4 speed trans makes the car feel so much better than earlier ones I drove as a rental. Now has 27000 miles and no hint of squeak or rattle, except for squeaky brakes which I hear is common problem with Neons. NOTE: I bought mine one year old--SE so has power wind/lk/mirrors--for just $8,600. Nearly new Neons seem to have terrible resale value, so perfect cars to buy used. Unless you are even fussier than I am, buy one used and save

Favorite Features

Very good seats, exterior style, handling is almost sporty

Suggested Improvements

Seems as if should get better gas mileage--for such a small car

Neon Good for the Money
By silverneon

2002 Dodge Neon SXT 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I like my Neon. It is sporty and fun to drive. I have not had any major problems yet at 19,000 miles. Compared to others in it's price range-- best buy.

Favorite Features

CD Sound system is awesome! Truly one of the best features of the car. Sporty but roomy 4-door car.

Suggested Improvements

Brakes..brakes..brakes. Started squeeking at 15,000 miles. I was told nothing was wrong by the dealer and an independant brake shop. I was told after market parts would get rid of the noise but also cost around $500. I want a recall on the brakes.

She's so Cute
By Jessica Pearce

2002 Dodge Neon ES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I love my little red neon! I just bought it this week due to my saturn (which I loved as well) being totaled in a car accident. It is perfect for me being a college student, yet it is still o so cute and fun to drive! Gas is ok...not as good as my saturn, but that's what happens when you upgrade a little. If you are looking for an inexpensive, yet fun and cute car...the Neon is the way to go!

Favorite Features

She's red! With black interior (my favorite) and she has a cute spoiler and allow wheels! AND a 5 CD changer! Who could ask for more!?

Suggested Improvements

um...nothing as of now. I just biught her.

Very nice
By GoodFriendOrion

2002 Dodge Neon 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I haven't had the car long, but it has been wonderful so far. The body design is sleek, the car runs beautifully, and the interior is quite comfortable (my last car was a '72 VW Beetle). Very much worth the money.

Favorite Features

Nice interior, good gas mileage. Great for college students like me.

Suggested Improvements

uh, can't think of one yet